Details: Full-Time (40 hours per week), Non-Exempt/Hourly. Pay rate range is $17 to $20 per hour
1000 North Alameda Street
About the African American Board Leadership Institute:
Established in 2011, the African American Board Leadership Institute (AABLI) was created to develop a pipeline of qualified African American candidates for membership on governing boards—nonprofit, for-profit and public commissions. The mission of the African American Board Leadership Institute is to strengthen nonprofit, public and private organizations through recruiting, training and assisting with the placement of African Americans on a broad range of governing boards.
Committed to building strong board leaders and strengthening organizations, AABLI presents a unique opportunity to be part of a dynamic organization with a track record of success, growing momentum, and a steep growth trajectory.
The Administrative Assistant position provides support to impact daily business operations, including coordinate office activities with the ability to multitask. The position reports to the President and CEO and Director of Communications & Operations (50/50) and will require close collaboration with both departments.
· Work with the President and CEO and the Director of Communications & Operations to assist in the management of day-to-day functions, including administrative, financial, communications, and development tasks.
· Assist and manage calendars, mailings, supply orders, answering phones, running errands, database entry, and other ongoing projects.
· Assist in the development of newsletters, brochures, email marketing, appeal letters, social media, and communication analytics.
· Serve as a point person with all in-kind donations and services.
· Assist the President and CEO and the Director of Communications & Operations in managing general duties and providing meeting reports.
· Manage and schedule the President and CEO’s calendar.
· Provide support for the annual giving campaign, fundraising and organization events, including processing donations and assisting with event check-in.
· Work with the organization to assist in marketing initiatives.
· Collaborate with the Program Coordinator to support data reconciliation for program enrollments, payments, program survey collection and program evaluation efforts.
· Input and maintain current and accurate contact data for database.
· Prepare packets for board and fundraising prospect meetings.
· Oversee the scheduling of board, committee meetings and associated minutes.
· Other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential job function assigned satisfactorily. The requirements listed are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
- Experience: 5+ years of administrative assistant duties.
- Education: Bachelor’s degree preferred.
· Organizational Skills: Exemplary organizational skills and a strong attention to detail, to support and participate in all aspects of AABLI’s operations.
- Communications Skills: A significant part of the job includes communication and coordinating with people throughout the organization and its network. Must have the ability to be professional, clear, articulate, and accurate both verbally and in writing.
- Technical Knowledge: Strong computer proficiency, including mastery of the Microsoft Office suites. the willingness and ability to learn appropriate database and other computer programs. Experience with Salesforce is a plus.
- Project Management Skills: Ability to prioritize assignments effectively, meet multiple and competing demands and follow projects through to completion. Meticulous attention to detail with an ability to produce high quality work in a dynamic environment.
- Team Work and General Skills: Ability to work as part of a team to find innovative solutions.
- Transportation:Must have reliable transportation and be willing to work occasional evenings and weekends.
Full-Time (40 hours per week), Non-Exempt/Hourly. Pay rate range is $17 to $20 per hour
AABLI is a project of Community Partners®, an equal opportunity employer committed to a diverse and inclusive workforce. In addition, the organization will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Minimum Education Required