121 6th Avenue
Overview: The Broome Street Academy Charter High School will prepare our young people for post-secondary success that leads to positive life outcomes. We value student strengths and will provide multiple pathways to success through a curriculum of rigorous academic, career and social instruction grounded in the principles of positive youth development.
Broome Street Academy values:
• The development of individual student strengths
• Caregiver involvement
• A learning environment that fosters mutual respect
• A safe, supportive school climate
• Standards based curriculum that is relevant
• Student learning that is meaningful and goal oriented
• Development of and respect for community partnerships
• Healthy social and emotional relationships
The mission of Broome Street Academy is to prepare vulnerable students to graduate with a Regents diploma. We believe that, when adequately supported, all students can achieve anything. The Operations Support Coordinator will assist the Director of Operations, management of front office operations; preparation of school purchasing requests, maintaining student/staff and vendor files; oversee monitoring of external visitors; school supplies inventory and tracking.
· Works closely with the Director of Operations and prepare orders, maintain vendor files and communicate with vendors as needed and assure that all are collected and submitted as required by our fiscal policies.
· Manages petty cash funds, collect/deposit student dues, maintain trackers, ensures appropriate documentation is submitted and reports are filed with finance.
· Prepares and process all approved orders and manages inventory on all school supplies and oversees the school supply distribution system
· Tracks status of NYSTL/FAMIS purchasing website and places orders as needed
· Assist and oversee meal counts
· Provides ad hoc administrative support to Head of School.
· Assists the DOO with human resource related tasks such as collection of HR documents/creation of staff files and assist in new hire orientation.
· Assists in the creation/updates to forms as it relates to school policies and procedures
· Assists DOO in all SFA reporting/recording.
· Manages OPT metro card distribution, and single trip cards and ensures ATS reporting
· Track inventory on all material items that are donated to the school, enters in tracker and prepares finance reporting.
· Assists with the collection of data required for the preparation of internal and external reporting agencies.
· Provides operational and logistical support for all BSA events and coordinates catering, set-up and breakdown of spaces along with department leads.
- Liaises with facility staff to ensure the school is clean, submits work orders as needed for repairs/events.
· Special projects as assigned by the Director of Operations or Head of School
· Bachelor’s degree in related field or equivalent experience.
· Minimum experience of three years in similar role
· Experience working in a school setting, non-profit serving teens or government preferred
· Knowledge of ATS/Powerschool/FAMIS a plus, but not required
· Excellent written and oral skills required
· Intermediate computer skills (especially MS Office) required. Knowledge of G Suite a plus
· Demonstrated interest in the principles of youth development
· Excellent demonstrated organizational skills and a willingness to organize and declutter
· High energy, enthusiastic self-starter that is excited to work in a fast paced, results driven school environment
FTE: 40 hrs/Week
Minimum Education Required