12-11 40th Avenue
Long Island City
Urban Upbound Engagement Specialist - Workforce Development
Reporting to the Assistant Director of Workforce Development, the Workforce Development Engagement Specialist at the Queensbridge Site will oversee the participant intake process, collecting enrollment forms and entering them in the program database. The Engagement Specialist provides general office support and customer service to all clients who enter the Queensbridge office. The Engagement Specialist also works closely with the Outreach Team to ensure community members and clients are informed about upcoming events, workshops, and recruitment sessions happening at the site.
- Helping customers navigate the enrollment process and entering intake forms into a database;
- Scheduling a high volume of appointments and following up on “no-shows”;
- Providing general information regarding program objectives, services and requirements via phone, email, social media, and in-person walk-ins;
- Assisting the Outreach Team in advertising for upcoming events at the site;
- Managing multiple program calendars;
- Ordering supplies, and issuing work-orders to facilities management personnel;
- Maintaining an organized system of tracking, monitoring, and prioritizing tasks and projects;
- Creating, updating and/or maintaining organized intake files and program records;
- Assisting with preparing workshop materials (e.g. photocopying, collating, stapling, etc.);
- Working proactively and taking initiative to support the varying needs of the team and senior leadership; and
- Other tasks as assigned by Assistant Director and Urban Upbound leadership.
- High School Diploma or GED required. Associate’s Degree preferred.
- 1-2 years of work experience in an office setting
- Proficient in MS Word, Internet-research, Google Apps, and social media tools
- Strong project management skills, including managing competing priorities and meeting deadlines
- Computer proficiency in Microsoft Office, Google Docs, Internet Research, and social media
- Outcomes-driven, strong analytical skills with experience using data to inform programmatic decisions
- Highly motivated, with proven capacity to work independently, take initiative, and thrive in high-paced entrepreneurial environment
- Flexible, with availability to work a weeknight and occasional Saturdays
- Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
- Passion for social justice
Sick. Vacation. Health
Level of Language Proficiency
Bi-lingual Spanish preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Urban Upbound is an equal opportunity employer and welcomes candidates of all backgrounds. To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to Bethany Goldzer at firstname.lastname@example.org.