Details: Depending on experience
1990 South Bundy Drive, Suite 100
About CSCLA: Cancer Support Community Los Angeles (CSCLA) is the founding facility of what has become an international nonprofit organization and the largest provider of psychosocial cancer support worldwide. Our mission is to ensure that all people impacted by cancer are empowered by knowledge, strengthened by action, and sustained by community. All programs and services are provided FREE of charge to our participants.
Position Summary: Ensures that staff have all the necessary tools for success. Maintains a high level of communication amongst departments to ensure optimal workflow, space configuration and workplace accessibility. Responsible for executing the day-to-day management of financial, insurance, human resources, and facility matters. Ensures the efficient daily functioning, productivity and efficiency of the office, in liaison with consultants, such as HR, IT, auditors and accountants. Manages IT support and training for staff on software applications, database functions and other relevant technical support. Schedules staff meetings and organizes holiday staff parties and staff retreats and generally helps maintain a comfortable and positive working atmosphere.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
Office & Facilities Management
- Responsible for general appearance of office suite and welcoming atmosphere, including inspection of space and cost analysis for yearly or more frequent updates;
- Communicates with building management and outside vendors for suite repairs, regarding maintenance, parking related issues for members and staff, and security;
- Liaison with outside vendors for office equipment maintenance;
- Organizes staff meetings and holiday staff parties and retreats;
- Coordinates disaster preparedness through purchase and monitoring of emergency supplies; organizes annual employee trainings, including required building trainings and in-person trainings;
- Ensures general workplace safety, proper ergonomics and files injury incident reports;
- Maintains office supply master list and orders supplies or in coordination with other staff;
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring that staff and volunteers are trained in office equipment;
- Assists in yearly updating of CSCLA’s operations and procedural manuals; and
- Troubleshoots operational issues as they develop.
IT, Data, & Website Management
- Independently troubleshoots and assists in maintenance and support of CSCLA IT systems in coordination with consultants, including CSCLA email system;
- Independently troubleshoots and assists in maintenance of (VOIP) phone system, including call menus and voice prompts, and users;
- Responsible for coordinating and ensuring that staff and volunteers are trained in IT, data and website management, including outside trainings;
- Creates quarterly statistical reports for HQ ADAPT system and other statistical reports for CSCLA as needed for grants, BOD meetings, etc.;
- Assists with maintaining database and website, as needed.
Financial, Insurance, and Human Resources
- Responsible for biweekly payroll, including retirement funding, if necessary;
- Financial duties include bookkeeping, such as invoicing, billing, inputting of non-development related revenue, assisting with reconciliation, assisting ED, DD & PD with financial reporting, assisting organization auditor and accountant with requested financial information, conducting worker’s compensation auditing in coordination with outside consultant, assisting with wire transfers, updating signing authorities and other online financial access, and monitoring expense reimbursements;
- In coordination with Human Resource consultant, duties include overseeing processing and orientation of new hires, processing final paychecks and vacation/time-off pay for outgoing staff and updating employee and volunteer handbooks and other related employee paperwork, as well as maintaining personnel folders in line with best practices as guided by HR consultant;
- Maintains insurance for staff and office, including health and business insurance;
- Completes annual reporting forms for county, state, and federal government; and
- Oversees maintenance of physical and electronic files for finance, human resources, insurance, building and suite issues and all other related operational activities.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Interested applicants should submit a resume with cover letter to Julia Forth, Executive Director, at email@example.com.