We Are Committed to an Inclusive Workplace
At the Philadelphia Museum of Art, we actively seek to employ a diverse group of people who embody our organizational values. We welcome and encourage individuals of all backgrounds to apply, especially those from marginalized and underrepresented groups in the museum field, who are inspired by our shared purpose and enjoy working collaboratively with others.
We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, citizenship or immigration status, color, disability, ethnicity, familial status, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other protected status.
How You Will Contribute
The E-Commerce Operations and Content Manager, a critical and collaborative role within the Retail department, is responsible for the content displayed in the Philadelphia Museum of Art’s growing online business, driving sales while maintaining the website design aesthetic and the optimization of the customer experience. This individual should think entrepreneurially and have a solid mix of both creative and analytical skills and a clear understanding of ecommerce business needs.
Specifically, you will:
- Be responsible for all aspects of growing digital sales by managing our digital storefront (https://store.philamuseum.org/)
- Manage the relationship with Big Commerce, our platform provider.
- Maintain the web store, ensuring products are live and properly displayed.
- Analyze performance of site, ensure categories are productive, and work with merchants to optimize structure of site for ease of navigation and use.
- Work collaboratively with the Museum’s editorial, graphics, and website teams to ensure content coordination, program synergy, graphic changes needed, and installation of apps, plugs and other necessary tools.
- Maintain the ecommerce blog, updating stories regularly.
- Write product and website copy utilizing rich keywords for SEO effectiveness.
- Create categories of merchandise for marketing campaigns and update product information to support the site.
- Present, interpret and react to site KPI’s and identify opportunities in marketing and navigation to achieve performance goals.
- Merchandise the site with themes and events related to the seasonal retail offering and museum calendar.
- Manage online promotional calendar and create strategies to drive engagement. Set up and analyze promotions for the online store.
- Code products in the POS system and manage discounts and customer types, including Membership.
- Present data concerning e-commerce sales trends and provide direction based on findings.
- Act as the main conduit with the museum’s Marketing team.
- Respond to customer feedback.
- Partner with the entire retail management team in the accomplishment of department goals.
- Actively participate in weekly merchandising meetings, store meetings and training sessions.
- Complete special projects and assignments as requested.
Your background and experience include:
- Experience managing web platforms such as Big Commerce, Shopify, etc.
- Attention to detail, previous experience following style guides for web copy and image creation desired.
- Experience with Adobe Creative Cloud, including Photoshop, Dreamweaver, and InDesign preferred. Proficiency in HTML and CSS a plus.
- Experience in e-commerce strategy, web-optimized design, online content creation, digital marketing, and online merchandising.
- Clear communication skills to share process, design, copy writing, imaging, and marketing knowledge and vision with the entire Retail Department.
- Team player who works well with others across all levels of the museum.
Position and Compensation Details
- The minimum salary for this position is $52,000.
- This position is full-time, exempt position at 35 hours per week.
- This position is part of the AFSCME Local 397 bargaining unit.
- COVID-19 vaccination required.
Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. We encourage candidates to apply early as the position will close once we have a robust applicant pool or a candidate has been selected.
What We Offer
Our employees are at the center of the museum. As an employee, you will have access to numerous museum perks including, but not limited to:
- Free general admission to the museum for you and your immediate family
- Discounted guest tickets for admission
- Discounts on gift memberships
- Special staff tours and presentations from our curatorial and conservation teams
- Discounts at the museum restaurant, museum cafés, and museum retail and online stores
We offer a comprehensive benefits package for employees* including:
- Medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Fully paid short-term disability insurance, long-term disability insurance, and life insurance
- Health savings or flexible spending account program
- Retirement savings program with museum match
- Paid vacation, personal days, sick days, and holidays
*Eligibility for certain benefits is based on a variety of factors including the employee’s regular schedule and tenure.
Powered by JazzHR