9B Hamilton Place
REPORTS TO: Director of Programs and Operations
The Program and Operations Manager is a new, highly visible and multifaceted role, providing support to Raising A Reader MA organization-wide as well as to distinct efforts in program implementation and evaluation, human resources, and across various operations projects. This is a full time position, reporting to and collaborating closely with the Director of Programs and Operations, and based in our headquarters in Boston.
This position is ideal for an energetic self-starter, eager to develop skills across the entire range of nonprofit management. The Program and Operations Manager will work closely with all members of the team, gaining exposure to a wealth of professional development opportunities.
ESSENTIAL JOB RESPONSIBILITIES:
Curriculum - Maintain curriculum resources; Support program team in adapting curriculum materials for different populations and settings; Oversee implementation of new technological innovations in curriculum delivery
Evaluation – Oversee all data collection and database management for program evaluation; Serve as liaison to external evaluators; Manage and improve organizational evaluation systems; Monitor program outputs/outcomes and communicate with program team to ensure achievement of goals; Produce annual program report and other internal/external reporting materials; Provide essential programmatic information to Development team
Communications - Develop collateral for partnership management; Curate content for and distribute monthly program partner newsletter; Contribute to community and main Facebook pages as needed, in collaboration with Development team
Human Resources – Manage hiring and onboarding of new employees; Oversee volunteer/intern recruitment, training and management; Support employee benefits administration and general employee satisfaction efforts as assigned
Finance – Process and track incoming bills as well as accounts receivable; Track consultant expenses; Oversee monthly expense reimbursement for employees; Other finance support as assigned
Office Management – Oversee office communication including phones, mail, email, and visitors; Maintain orderly and well-stocked supply room and office while ensuring compliance with document retention policies; Manage vendor relationships and contracts
Technology - Track inventory of all technology including laptops, cell phones, etc., and coordinate routine technology support needs
Other - Provide support on special projects, as well as data entry and administrative support, as needed
This position is full time, with an annual salary of $40,000 – $45,000, depending on experience. Raising A Reader MA offers competitive benefits and paid time off, and the office is closed for the week between Christmas and New Year’s Day.
Raising A Reader MA encourages individuals of all backgrounds to apply for this position, and we do not discriminate on any basis prohibited by applicable law. We celebrate the diversity of our world and our community, and we seek to build a team that reflects that diversity.
Level of Language Proficiency
· Demonstrated commitment to improving the lives of children and families; deep appreciation and enthusiasm for the literacy mission of RAR-MA
· Ability to take initiative with enthusiasm and follow through
· Ability to deal with ambiguity and handle multiple tasks simultaneously
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills
· Excellent organizational skills with attention to detail
· Ability to work as a member of a team and with a high degree of independence
· Strong understanding and practice of cultural humility and respect for others
· Knowledge of current office procedures/programs, with proficiency in Microsoft Word, Excel, Powerpoint; Knowledge of web design a plus
· Proficiency and/or comfort with cloud computing and contact management platforms such as Constant Contact, Salesforce
· Proficiency in Spanish preferred, but not required
Minimum Education Required