Affordable Housing/Community Development Project Manager
- Job posted by Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation
Details: Dependent upon experience.
2966 Fulton Street
With community residents leading the way, the mission of Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC) is to build a strong, sustainable Cypress Hills/East New York, where youth and adults achieve educational and economic success, secure healthy and affordable housing, and develop leadership skills to transform their lives and community.
Position: Affordable Housing/Community Development Project Manager
Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation has an opening for one (1) full-time Project Manager for Affordable Housing and Community Development in the Community Development division. The Cypress Hills Local Development Corporation (CHLDC), a dynamic, non-profit, holistic, community development organization serving the Cypress Hills/East New York neighborhood in northeast Brooklyn, seeks a real estate and community facilities development professional, passionate about affordable housing and neighborhood development to work to execute the affordable housing, human services and economic development goals of CHLDC. This is an excellent opportunity to work with a team of professionals dedicated to serving young people and their families and planning and building affordable housing that serves the specific needs of our community. CHLDC was recently designated to develop a major new affordable housing development and community center project, called Chestnut Commons, in Cypress Hills/East New York.
The Project Manager will report to the Director of Community Development and will work closely with the Senior Project Manager and the Community Development team to:
· Plan for new manufacturing development projects and the preservation of the manufacturing sector in the community;
· Conduct outreach to and assist neighborhood manufacturers in developing their own space to make expansion and jobs growth possible;
· Support the Director in identifying new approaches to preserving and acquiring affordable housing in Cypress Hills;
- Identify new community development opportunities and funding sources, conduct feasibility analyses (including financial analyses) and prepare applications for funding;
- Research and report on affordable housing development strategies and best practices, including research and development of innovative real estate development partnership structures (private and non-profit collaborations) and community land trusts;
- Write, draft and edit real estate development grant proposals and funding reports; develop relationships with potential affordable housing and real estate development funders;
- Develop plan to rehabilitate existing CHLDC’s owned buildings, helping to determine scope, creating the pro-forma, and working with public and private institutions to receive financing;
- Work closely with the Senior Project Manager to provide support on projects currently under construction;
· Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies; and
· Perform other duties as assigned.
o Advanced degree in Urban Planning, Social Work or Housing Finance preferred;
o Three to five years professional work experience, including project and/or construction management, housing and community development;
o Experience with and knowledge of real estate finance;
o Solid knowledge of economic development and human services programming;
o Excellent communication (written and oral), and computer skills;
o Commitment to affordable housing, community building and professional development;
o Self-starter willing to work as part of a team and participate in envisioning innovative community development initiatives;
o Demonstrates commitment to leadership development, community building, and community organizing as strategies for social change
o Spanish-speaking a plus.
Reports directly to Stephanie Becker, Director of Community Development.
- Dependent upon experience. We offer a very competitive benefits package.
Please forward cover letter, resume to Stephanie Becker, Director of Community Development.
CYPRESS HILLS LOCAL DEVELOPMENT CORPORATION IS AN EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY/AFFIRMATIVE ACTION EMPLOYER AND IS COMMITTED TO WORKPLACE DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION.
We are an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate in hiring or employment on the basis of race, color, religion, national origin, gender, marital status, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law. We promote recognition and respect for individual and cultural differences, and we work to make our employees feel valued and appreciated, whatever their race, gender, background, or sexual orientation.
We offer competitive salaries, excellent benefits, and a pleasant working environment. Salary is based on a nonprofit scale and commensurate with experience.
We offer a very competitive benefits package.
Level of Language Proficiency
Spanish-speaking a plus.
Minimum Education Required