Civil Practice Deputy Director of Grants and Contracts
- Job posted by The Legal Aid Society - New York City
Headquarters: 199 Water Street
The Legal Aid Society's Civil Practice is seeking one or more Deputy Directors of Grants and Contracts Management. The Deputy Director supervises one or more Grants and Contracts staff on all aspects of contract management, including compliance monitoring, the coordination of data collection, and reporting with frontline staff at all Society offices throughout the five boroughs. They work directly with the MIS and Fiscal departments and the General Counsel on all aspects of contract management. The Deputy Director handles day-to-day grant responsibilities as needed, including: preparation of narrative reports, tracking and analysis of data, statistical reporting, program evaluation, and other select grants management functions. They also participate in special projects and assignments as requested by the Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge, Managing Attorney, and/or Director of Grants and Contract Management.
* Day-to-day supervision of one or more Grants & Contracts staff
* Assist in managing program grants and contracts with Civil Practice program leaders and Fiscal staff and, in coordination with the Director, establish policies and procedures for managing all aspects of publicly and privately funded grants and contracts, including startup, renewals, amendments, modifications, closeouts, data collection, data integrity, etc.
* In coordination with the Director, develop and implement grants and contracts administrative plans and compliance and reporting systems in coordination with the Civil Practice program leaders and Fiscal staff
* Act in coordination with Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge, Managing Attorney, the Director, and program leaders as liaison between the Practice and the grantors for program related issues
* Provide feedback to grantors regarding contract site visits
* Collaborate with MIS department on data collection, data integrity, and reporting issues as well as on the creation of technology solutions to program management and evaluation
* Synthesize and analyze program performance data into meaningful, concise statistical reports for government and private funders
* Write and coordinate preparation of narrative reports for government and private funders
* Oversee site visits from funders
* Prepare and analyze year-to-date grant performance vs. actual performance charts for the Civil Practice Attorney-in-Charge, Managing Attorney, Director, and Civil Practice Administrator, and other program leaders for select grants
* Monitor grant and contract compliance with the Director and Finance Department staff
* Participate in strategic program planning in coordination with Civil Practice program leaders
* Other duties as assigned
Manhattan - Legal Aid Society Headquarters
* MBA/MPA or Bachelor's degree with demonstrated work experience in grants/contracts reporting, management, and program evaluation
* Demonstrated ability to accurately and quickly gather data, compile information, keep accurate records, prepare statistical reports, and prepare narrative reports
* Highly self-motivated and able to work independently
* Strong computer skills, proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Microsoft Excel, and the ability to work with databases strongly preferred
* Excellent quantitative abilities
* Ability to manage relationships and effectively communicate with program staff, grantors, and funders
* Excellent written communication skills, including excellent editing and proofreading skills
* Ability to effectively communicate and work closely with staff as part of a team
* Excellent verbal communication skills
* Excellent judgment, including ability to handle sensitive or confidential information
* Ability to meet and manage multiple deadlines set by grantors and funders
* Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
* Ability to multitask
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis so applicants are encouraged to apply early.
Only PDF documents will be accepted. If your document is not a PDF, your application will not be processed. Applications submitted without all the required materials will not be processed.
OUR COMMITMENT TO DIVERSITY AND INCLUSION
The leadership of The Legal Aid Society is committed to a work culture of zealous advocacy, respect, diversity and inclusion, client-oriented defense, access to justice and excellent representation. We are dedicated to building a strong professional relationship with each of our clients, to understanding their diverse circumstances, and to meeting their needs. Our ability to achieve these goals depends on the efforts of all of us.
The Legal Aid Society is an Equal Opportunity Employer -- women, people of color, members of the LGBTQ+ communities, veterans, and people with disabilities are encouraged to apply.
For technical difficulties or questions regarding this posting, please email email@example.com.
Minimum Education Required