Overview Commute Seattle is a Transportation Management Association that was founded in 2004. Our mission is to foster mobility partnerships and services to keep Seattle moving and thriving for all. An alliance of the Downtown Seattle Association, King County Metro, Sound Transit, and the City of Seattle, Commute Seattle helps commuters find alternatives to driving alone by providing individuals, employers and property managers with information about a variety of commute options and Transportation Demand Management (TDM) strategies. We believe in the power of diversity to enrich our work both internally and within the greater Seattle community. The Business Relations Manager is responsible for supporting all aspects of Commute Seattle’s business-to-business direct contracts (including relocation consultation and support); prospecting and sales of new consulting and service contracts; is our lead for policy strategy in conjunction with the Executive Director; and select support to operations duties.
This role contains a unique mix of rewarding responsibilities that provide meaningful impact to how our city and our largest businesses operate with respect to transportation. Transportation, sales, policy and operations understanding will all be beneficial in this role. Business Relations
● Coordinate, oversee and report on service delivery contracts with clients.
● Provide fee-for-service based transportation solutions and technical assistance in a consultative manner to employers and property managers. A key area includes relocation support to businesses.
● Manage client accounts, delivering value and supporting desired organizational targets and outcomes.
● Serve as an account manager for business contracts responsible for prospecting and customer sales, forecasting, customer tracking, invoicing, program reporting, correspondence and business procedures.
● Develop relationships and partnering opportunities with business development associations, local non-profits, businesses, and vendors.
● Develop organizational expertise on new transportation services, technologies, and industry trends.
● Hire and supervise staff, and develop organizational capacity to deliver fee-for-service products to clients. Policy Support
● Track proposed policy changes and community planning efforts as they relate to transportation demand management.
● Prepare documents and data as needed to support legislative study efforts.
● Attend policy, planning and staff meetings on behalf of the Executive Director in the Executive Director’s absence. Operations Support
● Coordinate leadership team’s inputs for budgeting, strategic planning, performance reporting and support contract management and invoicing when needed.
● Manage operations and business relations budgeting process in conjunction with accounting department.
● Operate social media on behalf of Commute Seattle (Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn).
● Shepherd the management team’s initiatives for internal policies, professional development, team morale and select community partnerships.
● Support large business and small business teams as needed based upon capacity.
● Other duties as assigned.
● A bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in urban planning, real estate, business, public administration, transportation or related fields
● 3+ years’ experience administering programs and managing staff
● Experience managing grants and program budgets
● Experience with business sales
● Experience communicating with elected leaders and policy staff members (or demonstrated relationship development skills)
● Ability to work independently and as part of a team
● Demonstrable communication skills, including both writing and presenting complex information
● Demonstrable skills in data analysis and data driven solutions
● Strong organizational skills
● The ability and willingness to handle multiple projects, demands and moving targets
● Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite Desirable Qualifications
● Transportation Demand Management (TDM) or other transportation industry experience
● Master’s Degree or equivalent experience in listed or relevant fields
● Experience with relational databases, design, and mapping software such as Access, Microsoft CRM, Publisher, Adobe, InDesign, Tableau
Compensation includes health insurance, paid time off, retirement plan, and an annual transit pass at no cost.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send resume and cover letter to: email@example.com