GRACE (Gather, Respect, Advocate, Change, Engage) is a nonprofit that uses education, advocacy and movement-building to achieve its mission to make a positive difference in the lives of low-income families and their children through value-based collaborations and by formulating, implementing, and expanding measures to reduce barriers to full personal development and economic stability. Founded by the Daughters of Charity, GRACE’s vision is to build a joyful movement to abolish child poverty in California by centering communities, building authentic partnerships, and advancing public investments that create transformative intergenerational change.
The Cradle-to-Career Policy Associate is responsible for improving equitable outcomes for all children from cradle to career and building paths toward economic mobility, especially for marginalized children by supporting a cross-sector coalition, expansion of coordinated services and place-based strategies, and advancing other efforts to abolish poverty. The role includes research, coalition building and implementation; helping prioritize and develop policies; and meeting with cross-sector advocates, officials, and lawmakers to advance agendas. The role focuses on local and state policy advocacy, supporting the Cradle-to-Career Coalition’s community of practice and policy efforts.
· Must understand and support GRACE’s mission.
· Must possess personal qualities of integrity, respect for others, good judgment, and good communication skills.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
· A Bachelor’s degree
· A minimum of a combination of 3-5 years of experience in local program experience including development and implementation, of coordinated programs preferably in California.
· Experience and commitment in advocating for equity and access for low-income communities, with a focus on communities of color
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
· Knowledge of local programs and local community needs
· Understanding of California legislative process
· Ability to think creatively, be strategic and exercise good judgment
· Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, including drafting policy/issue briefs, reports, and public speaking. Bilingual in Spanish or other language/s is a plus
· Ability to establish and maintain collaborative working relationships
· Ability to develop and work in diverse coalitions in which participants may have multiple interests
· Ability to work in a team setting, but independent enough to be able to implement team/coalition objectives effectively outside the team setting.
· Strong organizational, research, and multitasking skills
· Excellent attention to detail
· Exemplary ethical standards
· Ability to travel, as needed
Community of Practice:
· Manage information sharing across partnerships, including facilitating in-person and virtual meetings, written reports, and other methods of communication
· Document and share effective practices across partnership
· Help facilitate the development of cradle to career partnerships in areas where they do not currently exist
· Serve as liaison between StriveTogether National and coordinating activities of the Coalition
· Share partnership strategy, progress and results regularly with the broader Cradle to Career Network and field through in-person learning sessions, the StriveTogether Partner Portal, blogs, stories and social media
· Track and analyze state and federal legislation, regulatory and policy issues, and drafting policy briefs, position statements, legislative testimony, talking points, etc.
· Regularly communicate with key stakeholders and advise Coalition on child and family issues through analysis of data, reports, legislation and regulations
· Build relationships with a wide variety of policy makers, similar coalitions/organizations, and leaders across the state to increase support for effective and equitable policy ideas
· Support the development of communications (reports, case studies, press releases, video, social media, etc.) related branding and raising awareness of the Coalition including working with data managers, communications managers and partnership leaders
· Identify barriers and help create solutions to engagement and mobilization within different communities
· Facilitate cooperative interactions between community members, Coalition members, and those implementing policy
· Work collaboratively in developing grant applications
· Support in achieving grant deliverables
· Assisting in the preparation of specified grant reports and advocacy efforts in a timely manner
GRACE (Gather, Respect, Advocate, Change, Engage) is a nonprofit that uses education, advocacy and movement-building to achieve its mission to make a positive difference in the lives of low-income families and their children through…
Full benefits, salary based on experience.
Full benefits, salary based on experience.
Please send Cover Letter & Resume to Maria Ochoa at firstname.lastname@example.org.