The Event Officer will help drive fundraising of vital unrestricted funds through managing and supporting on a wide ranging portfolio of fundraising and stewardship events. These events vary from galas to panel discussions to international bike rides.
In this role you will play a significant part in a busy, varied team and will work with the Event Manager and Snr Event Manager to deliver first class events to raise ambitious financial targets. The Event Officer will collaborate with the global fundraising team to create stewardship pathways and support fundraising teams to unlock income in other areas.
Key Performance Areas:
Support on delivering a range of fundraising and awareness raising events
- Manage small m2m events from inception to completion (such as panel discussions, drinks receptions etc) using project management tools to keep internal and external stakeholders updated on progress.
- Manage all aspects of event delivery (e.g. project plans, budget, guest lists, briefings, venues, follow-up etc)
- Use knowledge of events and fundraising sectors to ensure financial targets are hit and create fundraising opportunities
- Support the Special Event Manager with larger fundraising activities such as the bi-annual Gala and Minutes for Mentor Mothers Uganda.
- Steward and support challenge and community event participants ensuring they have an excellent experience from registration to post event
- Research, prioritise and manage outreach to third party event hosts and work with event team colleagues to pitch m2m as the charity partner of choice
- Create all materials needed to support participants, such as fundraising pack, FAQs etc for each event
- Work and negotiate with third parties and event suppliers to deliver event logistics including following procurement policies where necessary.
- Draft and edit copy for internal and external audiences (e.g. Event invites, fundraising packs, Newsletters, website copy etc)
Ensure systems and processes are in place to effectively develop and manage all events
- Act as a database (Salesforce) ‘Champion’, maintaining accurate, up to date information and accurate records on the fundraising database (Salesforce), ensuring all stewardship communications are logged
- Adhere to financial processes, monitoring fundraising pages on Just Giving and Enthuse to ensure income is processed and acknowledged in a timely manner.
- Track and monitor stewardship activity for event attendees, ensuring good practice and minimum stewardship requirements are met
- Follow best practise in all aspects of fundraising and keep abreast of the latest developments in Philanthropy and Special Event fundraising
Support the Senior Special Event Manager to develop the event fundraising strategy to deliver event income in line with annual targets
- Support Senior Special Event Manager to ensure m2m runs market leading world class events. Assist through brainstorming potential ideas, partners, event spaces and venues making recommendations for future events.
- Work strategically to ensure all events fit into overall resource management and engagement strategy
- Reporting into the Senior Special Event Manager, help to develop plans for a series of prospecting and cultivation events that ensure all supporters have a touch point throughout the year that will enrich their relationship with m2m
- Annually evaluate portfolio of events and ROI in order to ensure the achievement of budget goals and maintain a sustainable events portfolio.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Relevant experience or transferrable skills
- Experience of organising virtual events, ideally using systems such as Zoom Webinar, Instagram Live and Eventbrite.
- Experience of organising and conceptualising events and delivering against targets
- Experience of engaging effectively with a range of audiences and building excellent interpersonal relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Experience sourcing materials in order to develop, copy write and edit content
- Experience leading or supporting with management of an event committee.
- Demonstrable experience of working in philanthropy or fundraising
- Educated to degree level or equivalent
- IT skills including Word, PowerPoint, Excel and using database systems necessary
- IT skills in Adobe, MyEmma, InDesign, Salesforce are desirable
- Excellent written, verbal and interpersonal skills, particularly the ability to write engaging and inspiring communications
- Methodical approach to work and excellent time management and organisational skills
- Self-motivated to work independently and drive the completion of multiple projects simultaneously, prioritising workload to meet deadlines
- Must have excellent attention to detail
- A team player who is adaptive, has a sense of humour and is comfortable working in small office with a roll-up-your-sleeves environment
- An interest in and understanding of international development, HIV/AIDS and women’s issues
mothers2mothers is an equal opportunity employer. We particularly encourage applications from people living with HIV and AIDS (PLWHA), people with disabilities, women and previously disadvantaged people. Competitive salary packages will be negotiable in accordance with m2m’s remuneration policies.