Details: •A fee per grant will be established based on an hourly rate.
333 Westchester Avenue, South Bldg
Position Title: Grant Writer
Location: TSTT Headquarters, White Plains, New York
(This position may work remotely and, be available when required to be in the headquarters office)
Reports To: Senior Management
Summary of Position:
Responsible for writing proposals for both unrestricted operating revenue and restricted projects and for submitting timely and accurate reports for all existing grant funded projects.
- Develop a comprehensive short and long-term grant plan that is in line the organizations fiscal and programmatic needs
- Demonstrate grant expertise by securing grants that can drive innovation and sustainability for TSTT
- Strategically identify and work with Senior management to secure grants that meet the long-term objectives of the organization based on its financial forecast and ytd revenue
- Leverage TSTT robust stats and analytics to well position the organizations success in securing a grant
- Responsible for conducting the full range of activities required to write, prepare, submit, and manage grant proposals to foundation and corporate sources.
- Be able to network, communicate and close key leadership responsible for grant applications, process and follow-up
- Perform prospect research on foundations and corporations to evaluate prospects for corporate and foundation grants.
- Complete pre-identified and historical grants selected by TSTT
- Work with finance to gather information necessary to report to corporate/foundation funders on current grant programs.
- Comply with all grant reporting as required by foundation/corporate donors.
- In depth understanding of TSTT’s history and programs.
- Maintain current records in database and in paper files, including grant tracking and reporting.
- Work with CEO to provide development input for all written institutional materials
- Assist with other fundraising projects as requested
- Versed in social media and education business development.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Strong written communication skills; ability to write clear, structured, articulate, and persuasive proposals.
- Ability to put together strategic plans, manage data and understand the value of analytics
- Experience with proposal writing and institutional donors.
- Well versed in business plans and
- Knowledge of fundraising techniques and strategies.
- Knowledge and familiarity with research techniques for fundraising prospect research.
- Strong contributor in team environments
- Strong editing skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to meet deadlines.
- Knowledge of fundraising information sources
- Minimum of two years’ experience with grant writing.
- Required, BA in Communications, English or Business
- Previous experience with non-profit fundraising.
- Experience working in deadline-driven environments.
- Able to work well in a team environment, handle multiple assignments and meet deadlines.
- Able to monitor and meet income goals
- This is a per project-based position
- A fee per grant will be established based on an hourly rate.
- Please forward cover letter and resume to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required