Details: Salary + Benefits
Excellent schools stand on a strong financial foundation, and we are looking to develop the next generation of school finance professionals to support schools in fulfilling their missions – educating kids.
The one-year Idaho School Finance fellowship will prepare an individual for planning, implementing, managing and controlling all of the finance-related activities of a charter public school in Idaho. This includes direct responsibility for accounting, finance, budgeting, optimizing use of resources towards student outcomes, strategic planning, Idaho State Department reporting and compliance, insurance, and financial analysis.
- Serve in a one-year fellowship for a prospective school finance officer placement shared between Bluum and an existing '20 in 10' school partner.
- Work directly with, and learn from, Bluum’s Chief Financial Officer and '20 in 10' partner schools in a fast-paced, high-performing, and evolving environment.
- Provide staff support to Bluum with responsibilities for executing critical school support tasks with careful attention to details to ensure positive outcomes.
- Act as a results-driven business leader with experience in, and commitment to, operational and financial excellence and the use of data to drive operational and financial decisions.
- Communicate and collaborate with constituents and manage well at all levels of the organization, and with individuals at remote locations.
- Operate with a high level of integrity and dependability with a strong sense of urgency.
- Possess strong problem solving and creative skills, and the ability to exercise sound judgment and make decisions based on accurate and timely analyses.
- Be a constant learner by regularly reflecting on your own strengths and areas of development.
- Create a real and long-term impact in Idaho.
Who Should Apply:
- Bachelor’s degree
- CPA or advanced degree is preferred
- Accounting and/or business background
- Project management experience & organization skills
- Impeccably organized and task oriented
- Exceptional critical thinking skills, including the ability to find solutions to what others consider insoluble problems
- Passion to thrive in a new environment with challenging opportunities to make a lasting impact
- Willingness to potentially relocate to Eastern Idaho (Twin Falls, Idaho Falls, Pocatello).
- Competitive salary
- Benefits (health, vision, dental, 403b)
- Relocation reimbursement
- Opportunities to travel to high performing schools
- Leadership coaching and mentorship
- Technical assistance
- A high impact opportunity in education
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please be prepared to answer the following essay questions, and provide requested data (details below), and submit a resume through the application form.
- Describe your philosophy on school leadership. What makes a great leader? How are you uniquely qualified for a school leadership role? Which aspects of school leadership do you anticipate being most challenging for you?
- Describe how you have helped someone with whom you have worked to be more effective. What did you do to help this person grow? Did the person's performance ultimately improve? Why or why not?
- Why are you interested in becoming an Idaho School Finance Fellow?
- Examples of Work: Please use the fields below to upload examples of written reports, financial reports, analyses, presentations, dashboards or any other work that demonstrates your capability to analyze and then present information to varied audiences, especially non-finance audiences.