Details: This is a full-time position that offers a competitive salary and very generous benefits package
208 South Great Road
Mass Audubon has an opening for a User Services Support Specialist who is a dynamic self-starter with a desire to help people understand and effectively use their technology. The ideal candidate has great verbal and written communication skills, a passion for learning and teaching, and a knack for troubleshooting. Frequent travel to our wildlife sanctuaries is required.
Duties include monitoring the IT Helpline, user training and support, documentation, and technology purchasing and inventory management.Mass Audubon is a Windows shop with a growing use of Office365.
Weekend "on call" helpline duties on a rotating basis with other IT staff is required. This is an hourly position.
- Provide Mass Audubon’s technology users with high quality, timely support in the use of hardware, software, Internet connectivity, and online systems according to departmental guidelines.
- Regularly monitor the IT Help Line and email account and assist users as needed.
- Log all unresolved calls and refer to other IT staff as needed.
- Monitor the IT Help Line on weekends and holidays on a rotating basis with other IT staff.
- Maintain expertise, offer training, write user documentation, and provide user support for the hardware, operating systems, and application software.
- Prepare and deploy replacement desktop and laptop equipment as required by the PC Replacement Plan.
- Perform minor hardware repairs or refer to service vendors as needed.
- Maintain familiarity with Mass Audubon equipment, applications, systems, and networking protocols; be able to troubleshoot and triage issues.
- Act as primary technology buyer, working closely with other staff on specifications, maintaining an inventory of equipment, parts, and software; manage the department’s internal accounts receivables and payables.
- Set up and maintain user accounts for network and major system access as needed.
- Assume other responsibilities as requested/needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience in the Windows environment with various office productivity software, Internet connectivity, security applications, computer and network hardware configuration.
- The ability to troubleshoot problems also required.
- Ability to communicate and provide support to an audience with varying levels of technical expertise.
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and problem-solving skills. Driver’s license and ability to travel throughout the state required.
- Ability to relate to a diverse range of people and exercise cultural competence and inclusion. Requires successful completion of CORI, SORI, and driver record check.
Excellent Health, Dental and Vision Care insurance, generous paid time off, 403(B) Retirement Plan with generous employer contribution, employer paid life and disability insurance, and much more.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please email resume and cover letter to: