5 West 63rd Street
The YMCA of Greater New York is here for all New Yorkers — to empower youth, improve health, and strengthen community. Founded in 1852, today the Y serves a diverse population of more than half a million New Yorkers who learn, grow, and thrive through programs and services at our 24 branches. Community is the cornerstone of the Y. Together, we connect active, engaged New Yorkers to build stronger communities.
The West Side YMCA is seeking a Director of Fund Development who will grow the Fund Development efforts, manage the administrative aspects of the Annual Campaign and Board activities, as well as expand the Volunteer base. Responsibilities include organizing special events, and increase community awareness. Additionally, the Director of Fund Development will create, manage, and implement an integrated communications plan.
- Overall management of the Annual Campaign, in collaboration with the Executive Director.
- Develop and execute a major gift donor acquisition and cultivation plan.
- Surface inspiring member stories to pitch to media and share on internal communications channels.
- Act as a campaign volunteer liaison for the Branch by recruiting volunteers and inputting applications into the AS-400.
- Actively research donor prospects.
- Input all campaign pledges and gifts, and send out thank you letters in a timely manner.
- Act as liaison between administrative staff and board of managers, for fundraising events.
- Plan and manage special events, and campaigners’ coaching.
- Identify potential fund development opportunities with the Executive Director, including grant writing.
- Work in cooperation with Association Office to develop timely and relevant email marketing campaigns to promote special events.
- Attend Board of Managers meetings, prepare and organize board materials in a timely fashion as prepare monthly minutes.
- Serve as staff advisor for the Fund Development Committee.
- Represent the YMCA at community events and meetings.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Uphold all Association Policies/ Demonstrate core values of Respect, Responsibility, Caring and Honesty.
- Actively participate in designated meetings, training sessions and special events.
- Bachelor’s degree in Liberal Arts; Fund Development, or Community Organizing preferred
- One to three years of administrative experience, one to three years of experience working with staff and volunteers, and one to three years of community relations experience.
- One to three years of fundraising experience strongly desired.
- Excellent customer service, organizational, verbal and written skills required.
- Highly knowledgeable of Microsoft Office and creative software.
- Knowledge of Fund Development, Board Development, and Communications preferred.
- Knowledge of AS400 database, social media management, Adobe Creative Suite, photography, Expression Engine or equivalent web content management strongly desired.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
We offer an exciting and innovative work environment with a culture committed to serving all members of our community. As a leading not-for-profit, community service organization, our Association relies heavily on fundraising to support the wide range of programs we proudly provide the communities we serve. Our expectation is that all staff promotes participation of their branch fundraising efforts in some capacity. If you would like to be a member of our dynamic team, please forward your cover letter and resume with subject line “Director, Fund Development” to firstname.lastname@example.org or to:
West Side YMCA
Attn.: Ameera Brooks
5 West 63rd Street
New York, NY 10023
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER ♦ DRUGFREE WORKPLACE
Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities
New York City’s YMCA | WE’RE HERE FOR GOOD.