Details: commensurate with experience
NPower is a high-performing leader in providing pathways to successful digital careers for young adults from underserved communities and veterans across the US and Canada. NPower’s award winning training programs use curriculum informed by senior industry leaders and labor market trends. On average, NPower graduates 85% of enrolled students, places 100% of graduates in paid internships and has over an 80% rate of success for employment or continued education within 6 months of graduation.
We address many of the primary barriers that our veteran and young adult communities confront. Beyond free technical classes, our career training programs provide in-demand certifications within weeks, paid internships, professional networking and mentorship with business leaders, soft skills coaching, connection to social services, job placement assistance, transit assistance and an opportunity for graduates to give back to the program via our professional volunteer network. We provide ongoing career coaching, advanced certifications, and leadership development for our alumni, ensuring that we are developing true pathways for long-term success for our students.
The Social Support Manager will assess for psychosocial barriers to career development and provide tailored support to our young adult student participants to address identified problem areas through: a) providing confidential and supportive individual counseling that directly engages the range of students’ psychosocial needs b) identifying and referring students to appropriate community based resources c) consulting with staff as to appropriate strategies that will facilitate optimal learning progress for each student (d) evaluate and assess program’s service delivery system to ensure that the students receive the necessary support and resources. Hence, the primary goals are to enable students to successfully manage personal challenges so that s/he may transition into employment and successfully pursuit of growth and continued education for all graduates. This position will be expected to work closely with the students, maintain an environment of trust and nurture, and engage with them on a regular basis in ways that contribute to both the students’ and the organization’s success. The Social Support Manager will provide assistance in times of stress, alleviate crisis situations, counsel, and to link students to needed resources.
Student Development/Case Management /Student Assessment and Evaluation/Counseling:
· Conducts interviews of young adults to complete a variety of tasks including but not limited to evaluation, service planning and assessment, incident investigation, and discharge/transitional planning.
· Coordinates services to minimize fragmentation of care, reduce barriers, and students with appropriate services to ensure comprehensive, continuous access to needed medical, social, educational, and other services appropriate to the needs of young adults.
· Develops individual action/service plans for assigned cases in coordination with service planning team and acts as team leader to coordinate meetings, assign tasks and provide guidance and direction. Continually evaluates and reviews each student’s plan of care.
· Carries out community recruitment for supportive services and other resources for young adults. Research new resources for the Program (childcare, mental health, emergency housing, emergency child care, etc.)
· Performs tasks related to client referrals, intake, and placement and assists with the transition of young adults as a whole to be successful while in the program, after the program and/or apart of the network. This includes, but is not limited to meeting with students/staff members completing program eligibility determination and other assessment activities; coordinating with referring agencies and organization staff; completing and documenting referral information.
· Completes required tasks upon finalization of action/service plans for our students which include providing post-placement supervision and forwarding records and reports to appropriate regulatory agencies and courts in accordance with licensing requirements and applicable law.
· Manages all assigned cases and maintains face-to-face and regular contact with our students as defined by the specific case needs.
· Educates and counsels students by guiding and developing a supportive relationship with them to promote the service plan including the placement and discharge of students.
· Participates in tasks for recruitment, certification, and evaluation of learning environments, work environments, etc. for our students to ensure they are eligible for them to be productive within. This includes conducting information meetings or other activities with Staff (Workforce, Recruitment, Program Management and Instructor Teams), conducting and writing home studies, periodic learning/work environment evaluations and maintaining consistent contact with students and Staff team members.
· Participates in crisis intervention and provides support as required, including providing intervention to prevent disruption of services. Participates in on-call rotation as needed.
· Provides supervision, support, and assistance to students through regular face to face meetings, phone contact, email, etc. as assigned, and continuously evaluates and monitors students in learning/work environments.
· Completes periodic progress reviews and documents as required by organization’s procedures and licensing/funding organization standards. Cooperates with the referring organizations and provides them with required reports and documentation, attends meetings as requested.
· Prepares and maintains accurate, complete, and up-to-date files on all students assigned.
· Participates in the record review process and corrects file deficiencies in a timely manner
· Conducts an initial assessment of each student.
· Provides regular one-on-one meetings (weekly) with the students, especially those who need additional support.
· Provides life coach counseling and assesses intake process.
· Record above information via Salesforce.
· Manages orientation process.
· Provides personal development workshops.
· Plays a major role in graduation planning and execution.
· Contacts resources to present in class.
· Communicate updated information with NPower staff.
At minimum one of the following must be met:
• A four-year college degree in Social Work, Sociology, or Psychology from an accredited university.
• Minimum of three years Case Management, Social Work, Psychology, or Counseling experience.
• Or at least three years of Human Development experience.
• Master’s (MSW) in Social Work/Psychology or Counseling from an accredited university.
• Second year graduate student with at least 1 year of field work.
• Licensed Social Worker/Psychologist a plus
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Effective written, oral, and interpersonal communication skills.
- Must have ability to maintain confidentiality, and exhibit mature judgment and emotional stability
- Must be computer literate, be comfortable with information and be able to prioritize.
- Proficiency with incorporating the use of technology to deliver career services.
- Experience in teaching, presenting workshops and/or providing counseling to young adult program setting highly desirable.
- Passions for helping people grow, develop themselves, and better their lives and their community.
- Knowledge of community resources.
- Experience working with young adult population.
- Experience in one or more of the following fields: workforce development, human potential, case management, human resources, or social services.
· Medical, dental, vision and prescription drug coverage
· Short term disability coverage
· 403(b) retirement plan with company match
· Company provided life insurance
· Dependent care flexible spending accounts
· Medical flexible spending accounts
· Commuter benefits
· 3 weeks’ vacation first 2 years, 4 weeks’ after two full years
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Submit a cover letter explaining your interest in the position and a resume to Theresa.email@example.com
As an equal opportunity employer, NPower encourages diversity and does not discriminate in employment on the basis of age, race, color, creed, gender, religion, marital status, national origin, disability, or sexual orientation.