The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $61 million budget, 400 staff members, and 46,000 individual donors, The Doe Fund is nationally acclaimed as a work-based model for solving homelessness and criminal recidivism. We empower people to break the cycles of homelessness, welfare dependency, substance abuse, and incarceration through innovative work and housing programs.
New York City Economic Development Corporation (NYCEDC) is a not-for-profit corporation that promotes economic growth across New York City's five boroughs. As NYC’s official economic development corporation, it is charged with leveraging the City’s assets to drive growth, create jobs, and improve quality of life.
The Doe Fund has partnered with the NYCEDC, to hire workers at the living wage. These workers will be responsible for site cleanup, area maintenance, and snow removal throughout the five boroughs.
The Doe Fund will also provide these workers with additional vocational and job training, with the goal of improving their career trajectory and gaining higher paid employment.
The Doe Fund is a fast-paced, energetic, dynamic environment that employs people with strategic and innovative ideas. We offer a competitive salary with full benefits including medical, dental, 401k, vacation, personal and sick time, etc.
*****ATTENDANCE FOR SNOW REMOVAL IS MANDATORY*****
Duties and Responsibilities (Daily job responsibilities/functions to include, but not limited to):
• Outdoor litter pickup, maneuvering portable trash receptacles
• sidewalk sweeping
• replace trash bags in receptacles
• perform other maintenance duties (including snow prep & removal, power-washing)
• Be age 18 or over
• Driver’s License preferred
• Ability to exert moderately heavy (up to 50 pounds) physical effort in moderate to heavy work, typically involving some combination of climbing and balancing, stooping, kneeling, crouching, crawling, lifting, carrying, pushing, and pulling
• Ability to work in varying weather conditions (rain, snow, sleet)
• Demonstrated record of satisfactory attendance and punctuality.
• Ability to adapt and be flexible, as work environments and duties may change.
The Doe Fund is a leading New York City non-profit organization that operates the enormously visible Ready, Willing & Able program, whose participants clean over 160 miles of streets and sidewalk every day. With a $61 million budget, 400…
To apply to this position, please visit the following link: https://workforcenow.adp.com/mascsr/default/mdf/recruitment/recruitment.html?cid=36649787-97b0-4130-b8d5-6cf311accabb&ccId=19000101_000001&jobId=386520&source=CC2&lang=en_US