Details: Salary commensurate with experience
The Symphonic Jazz Orchestra Grantwriter position is a flexible, part-time position. The Grantwriter is responsible for supporting and contributing to the organization’s fundraising via grant writing, research and development, along with grant reporting.
· Oversee organization’s foundation and government grants to ensure renewals and identify and pursue new potential funders.
· Write, edit, and synchronize timely submission of LOIs and grant proposals coordinating with the Music Director
· Prepare and update necessary supporting documents for grant applications to include documents such as budgets, letters of support, and other required forms
Qualifications and Skills
· 4+ years of successful nonprofit grant writing, managing and leveraging foundation relationships and prospect research. Experience in grants for arts organizations a plus.
· Demonstrated comprehensive understanding of nonprofit grant writing, outcomes and financial reporting requirements
· Outstanding grammar and research skills required
· Meticulous eye for detail
Level of Language Proficiency
Certified Fundraising Executive (CFRE) or Grant Professionals Certification (GPC) preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Created in 2002, the Symphonic Jazz Orchestra (SJO), based in Los Angeles, is a non-profit organization dedicated to perpetuating the genre of symphonic jazz through performing and commissioning new symphonic jazz works, and inspiring the next generations of listeners through its Music in the Schools and Community Outreach programs.
The SJO has served over 65,000 students and families across Los Angeles County through in-school residencies and outreach concert activities. For more information visit www.SJOmusic.org
Candidates should submit cover letter and resume to mitch@SJOmusic.org