7100 Connecticut Avenue
4-H, the nation’s largest youth development organization, grows confident young people who are empowered for life today and prepared for career tomorrow. 4-H programs empower nearly six million young people across the U.S. through experiences that develop critical life skills. In the U.S., 4-H serves every county and parish through our network of 110 universities and more than 3,000 local offices. 4-H is led by a unique private-public partnership of universities, federal and local government agencies, foundations and professional associations. National 4-H Council is the private sector, non-profit partner of the Cooperative Extension System and 4-H National Headquarters located at the National Institute of Food and Agriculture within the United States Department of Agriculture.
4-H seeks an experienced and well-rounded marketer to help grow its rapidly expanding science, technology, engineering, and math (STEM) program area. He or she will manage 4-H’s signature STEM initiative, National Youth Science Day while working closely with our partners to plan and execute regional grassroots STEM events. He/she will also have top-to-bottom ownership of a portfolio partner marketing relationships, working with some of the world’s biggest companies in tech, aerospace, and communications to make STEM education more accessible through creative marketing. The ideal candidate must be a skilled marketing strategist, project manager, storyteller, event planner, messaging specialist, partner (client) relationship manager, new business expert, budget steward and more.
The ideal candidate has a knack for strategy and big-picture thinking, yet enjoys digging into all aspects of marketing execution. Additionally, he or she is collaborative, skilled in managing high-value relationships, and has the experience to drive projects from conception to completion.
Lead 4-H’s signature STEM initiative, National Youth Science Day, by:
- Helping set the strategy to grow, expand, and evolve this already-successful initiative that is a key driver of revenue, brand awareness, and programmatic reach for 4-H STEM.
- Working with marketing colleagues to develop an integrated marketing strategy that drives brand recognition and broad programmatic reach.
- Leading a cross-functional team of more than 15 people to execute the annual program and marketing strategy.
- Working with the resource development team to develop new partnership opportunities to maximize program revenue.
Lead marketing relationships with key partners by:
- Spearheading the development and execution of comprehensive integrated marketing strategies and messaging platforms with key STEM partners.
- Developing strong relationships with marketing counterparts at partner organizations and leading day-to-day execution of the marketing plan.
- Developing compelling content that demonstrates the reach and impact of 4-H programs across mediums (written, video, audio).
- Working with marketing colleagues to develop and run creative, digital, earned media, or influencer campaigns as necessary.
- ·Managing and executing local PR campaigns, or partnering with 4-H’s internal PR colleagues to coordinate national opportunities.
Lead grassroots events by:
- Collaborating with partners, partner agencies and internal marketing colleagues to plan and execute grassroots engagement events from the ground up.
- Managing an agency team and budget to ensure flawless delivery of an on-time and on-budget event.
- Working with local stakeholders and partner policy teams to ensure effective policymaker and local media engagement.
Create compelling storytelling content by:
- Working with 4-H’s in-house creative team and agency partners to script, shoot, produce, and edit compelling video stories.
- Writing impact stories, talking points, event scripts, blog posts and long-form pieces that showcase the impact of 4-H’s work and the power of the young people we serve.
- Developing new forms of creative and compelling content to reach 4-H’s key audiences.
Develop and advance 4-H’s STEM brand strategy by:
- Collaborating with the STEM Director of Integrated Marketing and other team members to develop messaging that demonstrates our value proposition across multiple audiences and STEM disciplines (e.g. computer science, engineering, ag. science, environmental science).
- Identifying and pursuing opportunities to get the 4-H STEM brand in front of influencers, media, and relevant industry audiences.
- Working with the resource development and marketing teams to develop new business opportunities.
- Bachelor's degree or higher, with at least seven years of relevant integrated marketing experience, preferably with an agency and, or in-house experience.
- Knowledge of STEM-related initiatives, a plus. Experience co-creating issue-focused campaigns with partners/clients. Demonstrated success in leading new business opportunities.
- Proven experience planning and executing large events or initiatives from conception to completion.
- Experience leading large cross-functional teams on major projects or initiatives.
- Exceptionally strong written and verbal communications skills.
- Proven track record of developing integrated marketing campaigns with strategies and tactics that are connected to tangible metrics and outcomes.
- Experience managing agency partners and projects on-time and on budget.
- Track record of using data and analytics to improve results.
- Ability to communicate effectively with multiple high-profile donors and board members.
- Strong organizational skills, with the ability to manage multiple priorities and deadlines.
- Ability to think creatively and problem-solve in a fast-paced work environment.
This job operates in a hotel and conference services environment. The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Travel Requirements: Travel may be necessary, up to 20% of the time (local, regional, national, international). Would require travel by air, car, rail.
Career Ladder - this position typically has the following career ladder:
- Director, Integrated Marketing
- Senior Director, Integrated Marketing
- Vice President
Minimum Education Required