The Special Events Manager will be responsible for partnering with the Deputy Executive Director to lead the Special Events programs for the Crohn’s & Colitis Northwest Chapter, including its Annual Benefit Luncheon, Flag Football Tournament and Microsoft 5K run/walk. This results driven Special Events Manager will be responsible for $725,000 in event revenue and for developing strategies and implementing event best practices to ensure the Chapter meets and exceeds this goal annually.
Essential Functions and Responsibilities:
- In partnership with Deputy Executive Director, recruit, train, and cultivate high impact volunteers across all special events. This includes event chairs, committee leadership, committee members, and event day volunteers
- Cultivate a pipeline of future volunteer committee chairs and honorees for all special events
- Work with chapter on special event strategies as it relates to identifying and cultivating major gift and sponsorship prospects
- Plan and execute strategies for developing and soliciting sponsorships to grow corporate support
- Work with corporate donors to fulfill sponsorship benefits; Create Return on Investment reports post-event to cultivate corporate relationships
- Oversee all aspects of major fundraising event implementation, including: securing and stewarding table captains and Flag Football teams, securing and organizing auction donations and packages; working with volunteer leadership to secure the venue, food, decorations, marketing materials and event day volunteers; acting as liaison to vendors and sponsors; managing run of show at events
- Oversee all aspects of the Foundation’s role in its community partnership with the Microsoft 5K run/walk, including acting as charity lead with the Microsoft core planning team
- Highly driven Special Events Fundraiser who will develop strategies and implement event best practices that will lead to profitable special events programs within the chapter.
- Capable of building and sustaining relationships with a variety of individuals and businesses
- Successful track record in fundraising, specifically in special events and corporate sponsorships
- Strong leadership skills in volunteer management and development
- Ability to assess and prioritize key deliverable's while managing multiple projects
- BA/BS degree with relevant experience
- Minimum 3 years in not-for-profit fundraising, preferably within a health-related organization
- Travel is required during some weeknights and weekends for meetings.
Minimum Education Required