333 Turk Street
The Development Associate is responsible for administrative aspects of development and communication activities. The position is full time 37.5 hours per week and reports to the Director of Development. The Development Associate plays an important role by providing administrative support (data entry and donor acknowledgment letters) and participates in all fundraising activities including special events, donor relations, marketing and communications.
Curry Senior Center is a multi-service agency that provides services that support independent living to low-income and homeless seniors living in San Francisco’s Tenderloin and South of Market neighborhoods.
- Fund Development
- Process donations and prepare acknowledgement letters and other correspondence.
- Create monthly fundraising reports and dashboards.
- Manage relationships on the database and communicate accordingly with various stakeholders (Board of Directors, Executive Director, and the Director of Fund Development) for updates.
- Maintain foundation, corporation and individual donor files on the database.
- Reconcile donations with the Finance Department monthly
- Handle all administrative details associated with the Annual Gala
- Coordinate productions and mailings for appeals and event invitations.
- Events and Volunteers
- Maintain guest lists, gather and prepare registration materials and other duties as assigned for fundraising events.
- Collect and track volunteer hours
- Prospect and procure raffle donations for the annual event.
- Assemble media and donor kits for events and meetings.
- Manage communications calendar
- Collaborate with Development Director on content and distribute monthly e-blast
- Regular website updates
- Create and deploy all social media
- Other duties as assigned by the Director of Development.
- Associate's or bachelor's degree in a related field.
- A minimum of three years' experience in an administrative position, preferably in a not-for-profit development office
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite, Database management experience – Salesforce preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Ability to present information concisely and effectively, both verbally and in writing
- Ability to organize and prioritize work
- Ability to work independently with little supervision
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- A self-starter, data and deadline driven, and ability to multi-task with solid organizational and time-management skills
- A sense of humor and a positive attitude
Salary competitive with other non-profit organizations providing similar services and an excellent benefits package featuring Employer-paid medical, dental, vision and life insurance, 24 PTO days, 11 paid holidays (to be calculated) and Retirement savings 403(b) plan.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Send cover letter explaining your interest in Curry Senior Center and outlining how your experience and qualifications meet our requirements along with your resume via email to: email@example.com
No phone calls, please!
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Visit us online at CurrySeniorCenter.org
Curry Senior Center is an EO/AA/M/F/D/V Employer. Women and People of Color Encouraged to Apply. Background check required.