The HealthWell Foundation is a Forbes 100-rated, Maryland-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit organization that provides financial assistance to underinsured Americans to help them afford life-changing medical treatments. Our mission is to reduce financial barriers to care for underinsured patients living with chronic or life-altering diseases.
The purpose of this position is to positively contribute to HealthWell’s efforts meeting its mission. Specifically, persons in the position provide expertise to the Foundation in the areas of eligibility, grant, payment and all other inbound and outbound inquiries from patients, caregivers, providers, and pharmacies.
Responsible for responding to all inbound inquiries within a non-profit organization contact / customer support center.
Key Success Factors:
Strong organizational skills, detail oriented, with professional-level communication skills, including listening to customers, digesting the information and conveying solutions quickly and effectively. Must have ability to learn quickly and retain knowledge relating to processes. Must have the ability to consistently maintain a positive and respectful demeanor while being assertive with challenging callers.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Respond to all inbound inquiries via telephone, fax, email, etc. from patients, caregivers, health care professionals, consumers, and payers concerning the Foundation’s grants
- Provide initial screening and enrollment for the Foundation’s grants as applicable
- Follow standard operating procedures for all support-related activities, such as payment related inquires, audit related inquires and or other grant related inquiries.
- Provide assistance with, and relay results to, eligibility inquiry requests, including but not limited to, income verification, funding research, assistance and follow-up, and other funding eligibility issues as assigned by management and Foundation needs
- Provide superior customer service support to all internal and external customers
- Document all communications in the appropriate manner
- Enter data into the secured Grants Management System in the appropriate timeframes as required by the program Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs)
- Perform quality control checks of all information entered
- Attend meetings as appropriate
- Work on ad hoc projects as requested
- Complete special duties as assigned by supervisor
- Escalate potential problems or issues that require the assistance of a Senior Foundation Specialist and/or management’s immediate attention
- Maintain working knowledge of Foundation guidelines, FAQs, funds, and disease state being referenced
- Other duties as needed or required
Key Technical Skills and Knowledge (if applicable):
Strong Microsoft Office skills. Previous experience in Salesforce CRM database and medical terminology/background preferred. Proven ability to utilize Microsoft excel. Experienced in utilizing call center telephony technology.
Qualifications & Education Requirements:
High school diploma or equivalent required. College degree preferred. A minimum of 2 years’ experience in call center required in lieu of education.
Equivalent combination of education and work experience may be considered; computer skills including Microsoft Office Suite products; ability to deal with confidential information and/or issues using discretion and judgment. Must be able to lift up to 35+ pounds on regular basis.
Previous call center experience preferred. Ability to work across all departments and or on project teams.
The HealthWell Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please include resume with application.