YOUTH AND FAMILY PROGRAM COORDINATOR
Homestretch is a non-profit that provides transitional housing and a range of services to homeless families in Northern Virginia. Among the many services are case management, child services, employment counseling, credit counseling, life skills and ESOL classes. Homestretch’s mission is to empower homeless families to attain permanent housing and self-sufficiency by giving them the skills, knowledge and hope they need to become productive participants in the community.
Homestretch is seeking a Youth and Family Program Coordinator (YFPC) who has the main responsibility of facilitating and implementing special programming and events for families and children. The YFPC is part of the Child Services team at Homestretch, whose main goal is to assist parents in meeting the physical health, mental health, academic, recreation, and child care needs of their children. The YFPC seeks to do this through administering special programs and coordinating with community partners to provide Homestretch children with various services.
· Reports to Manager of Child Services
· Plan and facilitate special drives throughout the year including our: Thanksgiving adoption, Holiday adoption, biannual clothing drives, Operation Backpack, and Winter Coat Drive
· Plan and facilitate special events throughout the year, such as our annual Summer Picnic and Holiday Shopping Spree/Wrapping Party
· Coordinate summer programming for all children. This includes: registering children for local day camps, coordinating enrollment in Camp Hanover (a sleep away camp), obtaining scholarships for programs, planning and facilitating weekly field trips for 7th-12th graders, etc.
· Supervise evening group tutoring program.
· Maintain and build new relationships with community partners to provide resources for Homestretch children, including tickets to local events, extracurricular activities, birthday cakes/gifts etc
· Develop and implement a monthly life skills program for adults and teens. Select topics, plan and facilitate lessons, and identify and arrange for guest speakers.
· Oversee and facilitate the Teenstretch program, an after-school program for Homestretch students in grades 7-12. This includes recruiting and registering teens, program evaluation, providing transportation, coordinating and supervising volunteers, and planning recreational activities.
· A minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in a social services related field.
· Flexible schedule with the ability to work Monday and Tuesday evenings until 8:30pm, as well as occasional Wednesday evenings
· Ability to drive a 15 passenger van.
· A clean driving record.
· Experience administering services to children up to age 18
· Some experience in teaching, classroom management, and special education
· Must be computer literate, highly organized and professional.
HOW TO APPLY
Please send a cover letter and resume, with salary requirements, to YFPCposition@gmail.com
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
An Equal Opportunity Employer
Excellent Benefits Package
Minimum Education Required