The Gardens of Golden Gate Park Visitor Experience team is the face of the Gardens: welcoming, orienting, and assisting Garden visitors in a friendly and positive manner. This includes efficiently facilitating sales and transactions and graciously answering inquires for information about the Gardens collections, programs, and other associated offerings. Our philosophy is to encourage every visitor to return and engage with the opportunities the Gardens offer, including becoming members, donors and volunteers. The Lead Associate’s prime objective is to support the Visitor Experience Associates in all aspects of operations. The Lead Associate will seamlessly lead the team and maintain general phone and email communications when the Associate Director of Visitor Experience, or Visitor Experience Manager is offsite.
· Complete opening, mid shift change, and closing operations.
· Accurately handle admission funds, consistent cash handling oversight, go to Wells Fargo bank to obtain small denominations of cash as needed.
· Effectively communicate pertinent Garden information to Visitor Experience Associates.
· Provide shift breaks to each Visitor Experience Associate.
· Ensure that all displays, racks cards, brochures, ticket materials and other supplies are well stocked at all times.
· Maintain an organized and clean working environment in kiosks, empty trash and recycle containers into appropriate waste bins.
· Data entry of daily visitor’s tallies, tour and school groups, lost and found, visitor emails on appropriate spreadsheets.
· Empty donation boxes at the end of each day, enter $ amounts on Donation Box spreadsheet.
· Understand the basic aspects of the garden operations, collections, and history in order to answer visitor questions. Also have knowledge of San Francisco, Golden Gate Park, Bay Area public transportation, and other local amenities. Refer more difficult questions to the Visitor Experience Manager.
· Help to monitor all areas of the Garden to ensure that problems are reported and fixed immediately. Report any problems to the Visitor Experience Manager and Director of Visitor Experience and Marketing.
· Complete Incident Report forms and coordinate with additional authorities as necessary.
· Ability to work productively in an unstructured environment with frequent interruptions.
· Ability to open/close kiosk roll down gates, carry and set up metal stanchions, lock/unlock garden gates, participate in event setups, including lifting and carrying up to 30 lbs.
· Assist Associate Director of Visitor Experience and Visitor Experience Manager in directing or controlling guests during emergency situations.
· Special projects as needed.
Pre-employment requires a clear background check and reference checks.
The Gardens of Golden Gate Park Visitor Experience team is the face of the Gardens: welcoming, orienting, and assisting Garden visitors in a friendly and positive manner. This includes efficiently facilitating sales and…
Visitor Experience Lead Associate reports to the Associate Director of Visitor Experience. Approximately 30 – 35 hours a week, including weekends and holidays. Please e-mail a brief cover letter and resume to email@example.com. No telephone calls please.
Visitor Experience Lead Associate reports to the Associate Director of Visitor Experience. Approximately 30 – 35 hours a week, including weekends and holidays. Please e-mail a…