Details: Compensation to be determined upon hire.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is committed to ending and preventing homelessness in Southern Massachusetts with programs that provide emergency and permanent housing and help people obtain skills, jobs, housing, and services. We help people who are struggling with homelessness or are at risk of homelessness to achieve self-sufficiency.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is a growing and dynamic social service agency with particular expertise in emergency and permanent housing, job training and placement, and prevention services for individuals and families in need. Over the next five years, our strategic focus includes an increase in affordable, permanent supportive housing, a more efficient model of care for families experiencing homelessness, commitment to an enhanced delivery model to reduce the need for shelter, and improved community relations in order to achieve these goals. Our staff are thoughtful and caring individuals who share our passion for these ideals and creative approaches to helping people improve their lives.
We offer a generous benefits package and a comprehensive orientation and training program, as well as ample opportunities for advancement for qualified individuals who show a commitment to our Mission.
Oversee the maintenance functions of the properties owned and operated by Father Bill’s & MainSpring in the Brockton, Quincy, Stoughton and Middleboro areas. Full-time/40 hours per week reporting to the Facilities Manager.
5+ years of experience in the maintenance fields, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Maintain safe, comfortable living and working conditions in all inside areas of the facility, paying particular attention to hazards to children (i.e. electrical sockets, unsafe furniture, etc.).
- Maintain the appearance and safety of the inside and outside of the building including the yard and grounds (i.e. mowing lawns, painting, snow removal of stairs and fire escapes, shrub/plant care).
- Check the fire alarm, emergency lighting and building security systems monthly.
- Maintain and repair equipment (i.e. sinks, stoves, washer, dryers, lawn mower, heating system including filter, vehicles, etc.).
- In conjunction with the Facilities Manager, insure that a preventative maintenance schedule is developed and implemented.
- Develop working relationships with professional tradesman (i.e. electrician, plumber, etc.) and access them when necessary.
- Pick up donations from stores, businesses, private homes, etc.
- Available for evening, weekend and holiday duty in an emergency.
- Respond as needed to requests to assist with projects at other sites.
- Clean and repair SSFES apartment units for new residents.
- Pick up furniture and household supplies from stores, thrift shops and donors, and deliver to apartment units.
Skills & Competencies:
- Empathy: An understanding and empathy for those dealing with homelessness and related issues.
- Professionalism: Maintains the highest level of professionalism in the delivery of services, building of relationships, collaboration with co-workers, and representation of Father Bill’s & MainSpring within the organization and the community.
- Communication: Speaks appropriately in positive and/or negative conversations with supervisors, co-workers, volunteers, donors and constituents; Articulates the goals of Father Bill’s & MainSpring.
- Record-Keeping: Routine clerical or record-keeping incidental to the essential responsibilities of the job (including, but not limited to, data entry and case file updates).
- Job Knowledge: Possesses the practical and technical knowledge required on the job.
- Attendance: Acceptable overall attendance record, consistently at work and on time.
- Reliability: Relied upon regarding task completion and follow-up. Follows instructions, responds to management direction and solicits feedback to improve performance.
- Initiative: Seeks out new assignments and is willing to be flexible with additional duties.
- Adherence to Policy: Follows safety and workplace expectations, regulations and processes as defined in the Employee Handbook.
- Work Ethic: Demonstrates a commitment to the Mission and adheres to the Operating Principles of Father Bill’s & MainSpring and works as part of a team toward a common goal.
- Safety & Security: Actively promotes and personally observes safety and security procedures, and uses equipment and materials properly.
- Travel: Local travel may be required. Valid driver’s license and good driving record required.
- Physical Demands: The demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations under the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to verbally convey detailed information or important instructions or ideas accurately or quickly. Must be able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information. Average visual acuity is necessary.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities required of the employee. Other duties as assigned may be part of the job.
Father Bill’s & MainSpring is an equal opportunity employer.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate in subject line of email position you are applying for.