103 East 196th Street
The Northwest Bronx Community and Clergy Coalition (NWBCCC) is a 40-year old social justice community organization that unites individuals and institutions to fight for better neighborhoods and for social, economic, environmental, and racial justice. NWBCCC is a membership-based organization that uses direct action community organizing to address affordable housing, public education, immigrant rights, youth, voting rights, economic development and jobs issues, and to fight for broader policy change in these and other areas.
We seek a dynamic and experienced Organizing Director to manage campaign strategy and development, leadership development, institutional organizing, communications, research and policy. The Organizing Director will work with the Executive Director to ensure these areas reflect the organizational mission and capacity.
● Supervise Lead Issue Area Organizers around skill development, work plans, area team coordination, cross-issue organizing, personal and professional development
● Support Campaign Strategy and Development in 4-6 issue campaigns affecting City, State and Federal policy including quality of public education, development of affordable housing, responsible community development, anti-displacement, small business development, health justice, energy and climate justice and others as capacity allows, developing organizational collective goals and connecting organizing work with research and public policy.
● Manage alternative model/project building grounded in economic democracy
● Manage organizational non-partisan civic/voter engagement work
● Manage the Leadership Training Series (Community Leadership Academy) and recruitment of participating leaders and facilitators
● Manage the leadership development system with staff organizers including utilization of Powerbase database to track leaders
● Coordinate communications resources (media packets, press releases, messaging, talking points, social media content) for campaigns and provide support to campaigns as needed
● Manage Institutional Organizing and Clergy Caucus
● Coordinate quarterly general membership meetings and Annual Meeting to connect with organizational mission and annual goals
● Assist with documenting campaign work and grant development
● Coordinate weekly staff meetings, bi-weekly lead staff meetings and training opportunities.
● Minimum five years community organizing experience with a well established organization
● Must have staffed more than one major organizing campaign with demonstrated victories
● Must have supervision experience
● Strong writing and communication skills
● Ability to work nights and weekends as necessary
● Strong anti-racist and economic democracy lens
● Comfortable working within a faith-based framework
● Competitive salary, based on experience.
● Excellent benefits, including health and life insurance, tax-sheltered retirement plan, and vacation.
● Excellent training in community organizing and professional development opportunities.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluency in English, with Spanish proficiency preferred
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
The Northwest Bronx Community & Clergy Coalition does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ethnic or national origin, creed, religion, political belief, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ability or age and strongly encourages candidates of color to apply.
Please send a resume and a cover letter to: Organizingjobs@northwestbronx.org, with Organizing Director as subject. Although April 27th is the deadline, we will be conducting the hiring process on a rolling basis as applications come in. Only qualified candidates will be contacted.