720 2nd Avenue
United Way of King County is a recognized leader in solving the community’s toughest challenges. We value creative, self-motivated people who care deeply about creating community solutions. Come join our Development Team as a Corporate Relations Officer.
This position is responsible for the creative development, design, implementation, and evaluation of corporate fundraising strategies with 100–150 corporate and foundation partners to support financial and relationship building goals for United Way. Works effectively with Board and Cabinet volunteers in executing their fundraising assignments, including financial asks, personal introductions, and gathering strategic fundraising advice. Provides effective account management from opportunity identification, cultivation, asking, closing, and stewardship.
Works to develop relationships that result in increased financial support from companies through a combination of grants, gifts, and sponsorships both independently and in collaboration with Development and Brand colleagues. Involves regular one-on-one interaction with “executive-level” volunteers, CEOs, and assigned corporate social responsibility staff. Responsible for new business development, with a focus on the technology sector.
- Generate corporate revenue including corporate gifts, grants, sponsorships, matching funds, and in-kind from a portfolio of approximately 150 companies.
- Cultivate, solicit, and steward grants and sponsorships from companies.
- Develop, implement, and execute year-round corporate partnership strategies to increase financial support for United Way of King County.
- Manage executive-level Board, Cabinet, and Ambassador Volunteers’ work in fundraising.
- New business development - identify and create new partnerships with companies and individuals at all levels of the organization, including campaign coordinators, community affairs staff, leadership donors, and executive management.
- Analyze giving trends and identify opportunities for increased fundraising from portfolio companies.
- Performs other related duties as assigned.
- Command of company giving priorities and UWKC offerings to find mutually beneficial funding matches
- Strong persuasive communication skills, both verbal and written, including public speaking
- Committed team player with strong record of collaboration – the Corporate Relations Officer will sometimes work directly with company leaders and sometimes through United Way colleagues
- Strategic about the King County business climate and key trends within industries and companies
- Fearless about approaching new companies and skilled in holding volunteers accountable
- Entrepreneurial – willing to try new approaches and refine when needed
- Flexible, comfortable, and credible with C-suite execs and community relations staff
- Excellent task, time, and project management skills, ability to set goals and objectives and use appropriate analytic techniques and tools to update projections regularly
- Ability to use discretion and independent judgment and/or action in evaluating situations and making decisions
- Strong computer skills, including intermediate proficiency with Microsoft Office; Enterprise. and Microsoft Dynamics. CRM experience a plus.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE:
The successful candidate will possess a Bachelor’s degree, or equivalent, in Fundraising, Sales, Business, Marketing, Communications, or a related field. Must have at least 4 years’ experience in fundraising or sales/marketing. Experience with face-to-face donor solicitation and fundraising techniques with an applied emphasis on customer relationship building, is highly desired.
The annual recruitment range is from $65,500 to $68,500 depending on successful experience and prior accomplishments.
The position is open until filled, first review will be April 9, 2018 - don’t hesitate, please apply now.
United Way of King County is an exceptional workplace that can provide you with:
- Opportunity to work with smart, passionate and enthusiastic team members and volunteers
- Culture of high-performance expectations and accountability
- Exciting and challenging work
- Opportunity to help solve the community's toughest problems
- Competitive pay that is commensurate with demonstrated successful performance and experience
- Many other benefits that we are happy to discuss with you
We are an equal employment opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We strongly encourage people of color to apply.
We are an Employer of National Service: AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service alumni are encouraged to apply.
Minimum Education Required