89-74 162nd Street
Sheltering Arms is seeking to hire Case Aides to help provide support to the Preventive unit located in Far Rockaway, Liberty, and Jamaica, Queens and the Bronx.
The Case Aide’s responsibilities include performing administrative tasks, such as maintaining case files, updating referral information, and assisting with the upkeep of case records. The Case Aide is required to interact with clients, perform some interviews when assisting with home visits.
Candidates will have promising professional competence through good professional references and a stable work history. Excellent interpersonal communication; Demonstrated commitment to family-centered child welfare service delivery and Flexibility and ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines. Candidate must enjoy taking initiative, use sound judgment, good interdisciplinary collaborative skills, and strong sensitivity to cultural differences among staff and clients within our organization.
- Monitors and follows up on individualized treatment programs including child safety.
- Individualizes and understands the needs of the individual client, the family and its support network in relation to each other.
- Assist with conducting required contacts monthly including home visits in which the needs of the family and child/ren safety are assessed. Evening hours may be warranted for some cases.
- Assist Case planner with evaluating clients to assess risks and develop case plans.
- Complete Connections notes and enter PROMIS contact data on a weekly basis.
- Advocate on behalf of children and families to obtain the necessary neighborhood based services.
- Answering the telephone, screen and direct calls while covering front desk.
- Assisting the AA with the completion of Intake administrative paperwork.
- Putting together Case records for new intakes.
- Assistance with setting up for groups.
- Gathering surveys from clients.
- Making copies of forms and assisting with filing for Case Planners.
- Coverage of the front desk daily between the hours of 12pm-2pm (for one-hour lunch for the Administrative Assistant-AA) and when AA needs a bathroom break and Case Aide is available to cover.
- Gathering resources for clients (e.g.-camps, vocational/alternative school settings, housing info, recreational activities etc.)
- Provide information to callers.
- Deal with queries from the public and clients.
- Assist with home visits when needed. Home visits must be approved by Supervisor.
- Filing, open and close case
- Assist with conducting monthly outreach activities (schools, hospitals, daycare, parks, ACS Borough offices and other local community based organizations) that educate and heighten awareness of Sheltering Arms preventive programs and services offered.
- Participate in community forums and networks on behalf of the Preventive program.
- Assist with canvassing community settings to target prospective clients at various community based organizations.
- Complete required number of staff training hours as assigned.
- High School Diploma
- Experience with at risk population preferred
- Non-judgmental approach and ability to empathize with others; Genuine interest in working with disenfranchised individuals; Self-motivation skills and the ability to work collaboratively
- Dynamic energy, able to multi-task and negotiate multiple demands on attention
- Bilingual Spanish/English preferred.
- Two years of experience in child welfare and family services preferred including ability to discuss the parameters of services offered by Preventive program and to provide complete and accurately timely written reports.
- Child welfare practice experience a plus; thorough working knowledge of ACS preventive services system.
EQUAL EMPLOYMENT OPPORTUNITY STATEMENT
It is the policy of Sheltering Arms that the Agency wholly complies with the equal treatment of all employees and applicants for employment without unlawful discrimination as to an individual’s perceived or actual race, creed, color, national origin, alienate, citizenship status, gender, gender identity, age, disability, marital status, partnership status, sexual orientation, ethnicity, religion, or veteran status in all employment decisions, including but not limited to recruitment, hiring, compensation, training and apprenticeship, promotion, upgrading, demotion, downgrading, transfer, layoff and termination and all other terms and conditions of employment.
Physical Requirements: Must have the ability to complete all standard administrative and support tasks including but not limited to climbing up and down stairs, operation of computers/phones/fax/printer/copy machine, and the ability to lift boxes, furniture, and equipment up to 30lbs. Must be able to travel from the various locations and sites of Sheltering Arms.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To apply please click on the link