One Dupont Circle, NW
The American Council on Education’s College Credit Recommendation Service (CREDIT®) is looking to grow our team by hiring a Customer Service Coordinator to help lead our efforts in education attainment and innovation. As CREDIT works to create bridges between training providers and universities, the Customer Service Associate is an essential role in meeting that mission. We are looking for someone who is motivated, a team-player, and passionate about supporting adult learners achieve their higher education goals!
CREDIT connects workplace learners with colleges and universities by helping adults gain access to academic credit for formal courses and examinations taken outside traditional degree programs. With over 35,000 courses reviewed, ACE is the national leader in the evaluation process for education and training obtained outside the classroom.
The Customer Service Coordinator provides efficient customer service support in a professional and knowledgeable manner and serves as a centralized source of quick-response information for learners, employers, and colleges and universities regarding ACE CREDIT recommendations, ACE transcripts, and other related programs and services.
Essential Job Duties or Tasks:
- Manages a high volume multi-line phone and email system.
- Describes and tracks Resource Center inquiries and issues through tools such as disposition notes and database spreadsheets.
- Responds to telephone, email, and written inquiries from students, academic advisors, unaffiliated adult learners, and the general public, providing assistance regarding the application of ACE credit recommendations and official transcript.
- Researches course information from past providers for students and registrars.
- Assists students with online registration, the transcript ordering process, and questions about accessing and maintaining their registry accounts.
- Provides information for questions related to postsecondary education, particularly those issues related to adult learners’ navigation of the higher education system. Makes referrals for additional information and assistance as needed.
- Provides advocacy follow up for students having trouble applying their ACE credit recommendations with institutions.
- Identifies and implements improved customer service practices and technologies to better assist learners, higher education institutions, and ACE CREDIT clients.
- Identifies, reports, and works with CREDIT departments to help resolve problems regarding online services, transcript accuracy, database information, and other problems that learners may experience with the ACE Registry and Transcript Services.
- Pulls monthly reports on Resource Center volume of phone and email inquiries; Details trends, best practices, issues, to identify and presents potential solutions.
- Works with Resource Center and CREDIT staff to analyze monthly reporting to inform business and operational changes.
- Other assignments/projects as assigned.
Education/Experience/Specialized Knowledge and Competency Requirements:
- 3-5 years’ work experience required; some postsecondary education and work experience in a college or university setting preferred.
- Strong customer service work experience, including knowledge of current customer service practices and principles.
- Strong interpersonal skills, ability to empathize and relate to people
- Comfortable speaking to customers over the phone
- Strong cross-cultural communication skills and experience with diverse populations of customers
- Adaptable to performing under deadlines, peak workloads, and in a variety of customer service activities.
- Strong problem-solving skills in a fast-paced, customer-service environment.
- Demonstrated skills in effective written and oral communication.
- Must be able to write effectively in a variety of formats, including writing for the web, handbooks, guidelines, reports, and brochures.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Strong background in database management and accurate record keeping.
- Demonstrated experience in identifying and using outside resources to problem solve.
Working Conditions/Physical Effort
Office environment: extended periods of sitting.
The American Council on Education is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Minimum Education Required