The Ridhwan Foundation is a Berkeley-based nonprofit religious association that supports the work of the international contemporary spiritual path, the Diamond Approach (www.diamondapproach.org) and the worldwide Ridhwan School.
The Ridhwan Foundation's web properties are a major, rapidly-growing avenue for the Diamond Approach as it shifts from a “mystery school” focus to being visible and accessible in the world, as it connects its worldwide community, and as it explores the potential of offering online engagement and hybrid online and in-person teaching opportunities.
The Website Administrator reports to the Website Project Manager (WPM) and works with the WPM to plan, implement and evaluate changes and new features to advance the goals of the Diamond Approach and support the users of the School's public- and private-facing websites.
- The Website Administrator is responsible for documenting and understanding the Ridhwan School’s goals for its websites—both large-scale strategic goals and the goals of each particular site and feature.
- The Website Administrator is also the advocate for the school's users—what have they come to the site to do? Can they do it?
- The Website Administrator will work with the WPM to define changes, new features, and fixes to current site issues in order to better support the school's goals and the needs of the users.
- The Website Administrator will work with the WPM to prioritize the changes according to their impact, feasibility and cost, and make a plan to implement, test, and, where appropriate, measure the impact of changes.
- When the implementation of a change is within the skillset of the Website Administrator, she or he will make the change directly; other changes will be supported by a partner vendor.
- As changes and feature additions are made, the Website Administrator will test and update documentation, communicate changes and train internally, and review and measure the outcome of changes to inform the next iterative round of improvements.
This position is also the primary internal resource for site technical and security issues and site performance.
- Ensure that the sites, along with the pages attached to them, are in working order.
- Maintain online.diamondapproach.org site until its functionality can be merged with the main diamondapproach.org.
- Maintain/update test scripts and test plans for various scenarios.
- As assigned by WPM, work with users to ensure they understand how to use site capabilities within their roles/permissions.
- Give weekly updates to WPM on 1) status of site, 2) status of new feature implementation, and 3) status of site analytics.
- As the primary Support Desk resource for the organization, manage Support Desk inquiries/queue to ensure appropriate response (timeliness and content); report common issues to WPM; review/moderate comments and engage appropriate resources to address/respond as needed.
- Monitor All Admin Forums and the All School Hub support forums and respond to questions and issues as appropriate; define additional resources and training needs based on commonly-expressed issues or requests.
- Assess each site’s performance on a regular basis.
- Document Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the site, reflecting school goals. Set up analytics to track KPIs, and regularly report results; work with developers to tune site, secure additional server resources etc. as needed based on results.
- Make sure that sites are secure and the user data they may incorporate is safeguarded.
- Keep abreast of new technologies and software to ensure that site supports updated requirements; research specific tools/plug-ins etc as needed.
- Additional responsibilities as needed.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience.
- A minimum of 2-3 years of experience with web development and implementation for sites with significant traffic, a large user base, and complex features.
- Proven ability to administer CMS platforms; Wordpress and Drupal preferred.
- Proven experience working with CiviCRM or other CRM (Salesforce, etc.).
- Familiarity with payment processing solutions, including international tools, strongly appreciated.
- Enthusiastic, self-motivated, and possessing the ability to execute with minimal direction.
- Excellent organizational skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail, with an overall passion for continuous improvement.
- Innovative and creative, with a logical and methodical approach to problem solving.
- Adaptable and able to manage multiple, competing priorities successfully.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills including the ability to interact with staff, teachers, and volunteers in an effective, professional, confidential and tactful manner.
- Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both orally and in writing, including communication of technical concepts to people who do not share this expertise.
- Mature and comfortable in a dynamically evolving environment.
- Active commitment to a spiritual tradition or path; familiarity with the Diamond Approach preferred but not required.
Compensation is based on the California Nonprofit Salary Survey. At this time the Ridhwan Foundation offers paid PTO and sick time, but does not provide healthcare benefits to employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please send your resume and a cover letter describing relevant past experiences and why you are interested in the position to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include "Ridhwan Website Administrator" in the subject line. Applications will be reviewed as received.