900 Woodbourne Avenue
Lillie May Carroll Jackson Charter School (LMCJS), an all-girls charter middle school in Baltimore Maryland, has an immediate opening for a passionate educator to teach science to middle school girls LMJCS uses Amplify. a technology based science curriculum that provides students with practices and key understandings aligned to Next Generation Science Standards
Teaching at LMCJS is an ideal position for an educator with deep passion for helping young women develop their intellect, character, and voice, who is eager for extensive professional development and collaboration to help perfect his/her craft. Our ‘all-girls’ middle school, which opened in 2015, seeks and promotes active citizenship, integrity, collaboration, perseverance, curiosity, inquiry and responsibility. LMCJS, an EL Education school, is the first charter school in the nation to be developed by an independent school, Roland Park Country School.
● Foster outstanding academic achievement and scholar character development.
● Create a positive, intellectually challenging, and structured learning environment that excites scholars and prepares them to succeed in the most challenging high schools in Baltimore.
● Motivate scholars to realize and reach high academic and behavioral standards.
● Build classroom community by development of LMCJ values.
● Utilize formative assessment data to drive instruction and intervention.
● Implement unit and lesson plans in collaboration with grade or subject teams, including interdisciplinary long-term projects.
● Exemplify LMCJ’s core values in all interactions with scholars, families and colleagues.
● Commit to an extended instructional day and school year.
LMCJS expects all staff to:
● Commit to professional learning, development, and growth
● Collaborate with school leadership and team to improve instructional, culture-building and leadership skills.
● Attend all professional development, team planning and data analysis meetings.
● Take initiative to solve problems and embrace the constructive chaos and leadership opportunities of a young organization.
Skills and Characteristics:
● Team player: maturity, humility, strong work ethic, follow-through, sense of humor, willingness to respond positively to feedback and a “roll-up-my- sleeves” attitude.
● Strong belief in LMCJ’S mission and educational model.
● Enthusiasm for subject matter.
● Successful experience with teaching (social studies, language arts, math, science) using effective methods.
● Ability to establish a positive classroom culture with consistent expectations.
● Strong instructional and classroom management skills.
● Strong communication and interpersonal skills with scholars, parents, and colleagues.
Minimum Education Required