425 W. 47th Street
Reports To: Maintenance Supervisor
Fountain House successfully addresses the devastating impact of serious mental illness. We were founded in New York City in 1948 with the belief that people living with mental illness can be active participants in their own and each other’s recovery. Each year, over 1,300 members come to Fountain House to contribute their talents, learn new skills, access opportunities and forge new friendships.
Fountain House creates a culture that transforms lives. Our members, in partnership with staff, operate employment, education, housing and wellness programs. They perform all activities, including advocacy, administrative support, building maintenance and food preparation that keep our community going. Members hold jobs, graduate from schools, develop social networks and experience fewer hospitalizations and improved overall health. Increased fulfillment, sense of purpose, and stability inevitably follow.
Fountain House has inspired the creation of hundreds of similar programs in 34 countries that serve more than 100,000 people annually. In 2014, the Conrad N. Hilton Foundation recognized our global reach and the efficacy of our evidence-based model with the prestigious Conrad N. Hilton Humanitarian Prize.
Fountain House provides professional development opportunities and promotes from within. As a result, you will find a culture that supports and inspires personal growth and development.
Fountain House is looking for a skilled maintenance worker to perform upkeep tasks, such as repairs and cleaning. You will be responsible for applying basic fixes to equipment and building systems and ensure facilities are tidy and functional.
Being reliable with a keen eye for detail is the first step to getting this job. The ideal candidate will have experience and solid technical knowledge. The ideal candidate must possess manual dexterity and physical stamina.
1. Ensure all Fountain House buildings are maintained in a safe, clean and secure conditions and conduct regular maintenance; such as, plumbing, HVAC, electrical, replacing light bulbs, installing air conditioners, service and repair within the buildings, including cleaning, painting, etc.
2. Perform minor fixes; such as, broken locks, filling gaps on walls, etc.
3. Check control panels and electrical wiring to identify issues.
4. Install appliances and equipment.
5. Do garden/yard upkeep, collect trash, etc.
6. Inspect and troubleshoot equipment and systems (e.g., HVAC).
7. Check functionality of safety systems (e.g., fire alarm).
8. Repair and maintain all plumbing; unless work specified requires a licensed plumber.
9. Work with a diverse community at multiple sites. Collaborate with workers and others.
10. Perform cleaning activities; such as, dusting, mopping, etc.
11. Other duties; as assigned.
1. Must possess current and valid US Work Authorization and be eligible to work for any US employer without sponsorship.
2. Must have certificates of fitness for fire alarm, sprinkler and micro-turbine or able to obtain within the first month.
3. Five years of maintenance experience and general knowledge of plumbing, HVAC and electrical systems.
4. Must be dependable, flexible, proactive, approachable, learns from feedback and takes initiative.
5. Ability to learn new systems, read technical manuals and drawings.
6. Experience using hand and electrical tools.
7. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
8. Physical stamina and dexterity.
9. Must have driver’s license, high school diploma or equivalent.
1. Paid Time Off and Ten (10) Paid Holidays
2. Paid Bereavement Leave
3. Medical, dental and vision plans (contribution towards premium required)
4. Life Insurance
5. Voluntary Life Insurance
6. Whole Life Insurance
7. Short-Term Disability
8. Long-Term Disability
9. Supplemental Disability
10. Workers’ Compensation
11. Tuition Assistance
12. Retirement Plan
13. Tax Deferred Annuity
14. Flexible Spending Accounts
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Only those individuals meeting the requirements of the job will be contacted. To apply for this position, you must view website at www.fountainhouse.org. If interested, please submit your resume and cover letter via e-mail to FHmaintenance425@yahoo.com. NO PHONE CALLS. EEO