Reporting to the Chief of Strategy and Policy, the Executive Assistant to the Citywide Team supports Chicago CRED’s Citywide Team and the entire CRED team to help achieve its mission of lowering gun violence in Chicago. The Executive Assistant serves as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies in managing administrative tasks. The Executive Assistant works independently on projects, from conception to completion.
- Maintain a productive balance among multiple requests from team members.
- Supports scheduling, document production and other administrative requests from all Citywide team members.
- Manages the receipt of grants and donations by managing CRED’s GoFundMe and Benevity accounts; tracks mail-in donations and writes donor acknowledgement letters.
- Assists with computer set up, software installation, and troubleshooting as part of the team that onboards new employees.
- Provides a bridge for smooth communication between the Citywide Team and internal departments; demonstrating leadership to maintain credibility, trust and support with senior management staff.
- Supports the program team by: managing registration, city sticker renewals, and insurance for CRED vehicles; troubleshooting technology issues; and assist with emergency housing requests
- Provides leadership to build relationships crucial to the success of the organization, and manages a variety of special projects, some of which may have organizational impact.
- Successfully completes critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach, including drafting acknowledgement letters, personal correspondence and other tasks.
- Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously and proactively. Follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- All other tasks as assigned.
Experience and Qualifications:
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly, with excellent attention to details.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders, including staff, board members, external partners and donors
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Demonstrated proactive approaches to problem-solving with strong decision-making capability.
- Emotional maturity is required.
- Highly resourceful team-player, with the ability to also be extremely effective independently.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion.
- Ability to be adaptable to various competing demands and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Demonstrated ability to achieve high performance goals and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong work tenure: three to five years of experience supporting executives
- The ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations.
- Strong administrative and organizational skills.
- Strong problem solving and conflict resolution skills.
- Experience and interest in internal and external communications, and partnership development.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), and Adobe Acrobat.
- The Executive Assistant must be creative and enjoy working within a small, entrepreneurial environment that is mission-driven, results-driven and community oriented.
- Bachelor’s Degree required.
Chicago CRED is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.