Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy plays a vital role in creating and energizing this community-focused, world-class urban oasis on the Brooklyn waterfront. A 501(c)3 non-profit, we bring this unique park space to life with more than 500 innovative and engaging educational, cultural, fitness and recreational programs each year. Our free and low-cost events create new and exciting opportunities for tens of thousands of NYC residents and visitors to learn, grow, and experience all that Brooklyn Bridge Park has to offer.
The Conservancy seeks a Philanthropy and Database Associate to report to the Director of Philanthropy (DOP) and coordinate the administration of the Raiser’s Edge database to maintain accurate donor, prospect, and member records, while also providing general administrative support to the development department. This position will lead the data that drives who receives annual appeals, membership mailings, and event invitations. They will be responsible for all departmental mailings, including gift thank you’s, pledge fulfillment letters, annual report mailings (in-house and mailhouse), and annual fund letters. In addition to producing easy-to-read queries/reports and maintaining database integrity, this position will work with the Communications Manager to update the event and membership pages, ensuring the correct levels of support, functionality, tracking, and thank you emails.
Database Management and Systems
· Be the front-line of development processes and procedures, specifically: data entry, gift processing, acknowledgment generation, pledge forms, database integrity, reporting, data analysis, event tracking, systems enhancements, prospect tracking, and moves management
· Ability to analyze data and giving trends and work collaboratively to strategize effectively and creatively to address needs of specific fundraising goals, including but not limited to: campaign giving, leadership giving, membership programs and promotions, donor relations, and special events
· Meticulously maintain database and perform entry of gifts made via check, credit card, stock transfer, cash and website, correctly matching them to existing database constituents where appropriate; clean up inconsistent data, manage all mailing lists and donor addresses, update demographic information and take action on undeliverable/returned mail
· Produce acknowledgement letters/tax receipts while checking for grammatical/typographical errors and ensuring compliance with IRS regulations
· Generate reports, queries, and exports regarding donors and constituents and provide database support to other staff as needed
· Oversee all prospecting tools and create dashboards for DOP and Executive Director
· Source new wealth screening tools and software and investigate new tools for auctions, giving, event modules, etc.
Budget Reconciliation and Reporting
· Produce revenue reports for Philanthropy department
· Work with Deputy Director to reconcile fiscal records with philanthropy records, and collaborate on monthly budget forecasting
· Produce all materials and reports for the Board Development Committee
· Provide weekly/monthly status reports on special events, annual appeals, membership campaigns, and various other initiatives
· Create all event google trackers and lead reconciliation between those sheets and Raiser’s Edge
Administration & Events
· Assist the Philanthropy department with various large and small events as well as special projects as needed such as direct mail appeals, ongoing funder updates, and e-newsletter list management to ensure successful planning and execution
· Creates donor face sheets for the Board and shot lists for photographers
· Partner with the Communications Manager and Director of Philanthropic Events to update website pages relating to events and membership
· Support the Development team’s role in the audit process
· Coordinate uploads from third parties such as event production and direct mail teams, when applicable
· Utilize database for events: record attendees, track fulfillment, etc.
· Generate nametags and reports as needed
· Safeguard the confidentiality of departmental or office administration by exercising discretion in communicating information and handling of all departmental requests
· Coordinate and collaborate with development team and colleagues across the Conservancy as needed to accomplish the goals and objectives of the department
· Maintain stock of development team supplies, tracking supply levels, and submitting orders periodically
· Participate in the creation of a written action plan that documents annual goals and objectives in development office and monitor progress throughout the year
· Perform other duties as assigned
· Bachelor’s Degree and 2+ years’ experience
· Raiser’s Edge or other CRM experience and fluency in Microsoft Office and Acrobat
· Knowledge of gift processing and stewardship policies including IRS regulations governing contributions to 501(c)(3) organizations, regulatory compliance, and database administration
· Strong interest in data analytics and reporting
· Superior communications skills (written and oral) to communicate directly with a diverse pool of donors and external/internal stakeholders.
· Exceptional time management and organizational skills, sharp attention to detail, excellent proofreading skills, strong work ethic, excellent judgment, and discretion
· Ability to work under pressure and maintain quality of detailed work while meeting deadlines and manage multiple projects in a fast-paced, high-expectation environment
· Ability to prioritize work and the flexibility to change directions as the job dictates
· Ability to work occasional evenings and weekends for fundraising events
· Employees are required to be vaccinated against Covid-19 by the first day of employment with the exception of a medical or religious accommodation request
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy plays a vital role in creating and energizing this community-focused, world-class urban oasis on the Brooklyn waterfront. A 501(c)3 non-profit, we bring this unique park space to life with more than 500…
Our benefits for full time employees currently include the following:
· Health Insurance covered at 100% (Oxford Liberty Network) or 90% (Oxford Freedom Network) employer paid depending on plan choice, covering employee, spouse, or family
· Dental and Vision offered, 100% employee paid
· 401K match of 50% of eligible contributions up to $2,000
· LTD and $10,000 of life insurance
· Commuter Benefits and Flexible spending accounts
· Employee Assistance Program
Paid Time Off: In the first years of employment, you will be eligible for 15 vacation days (prorated for first partial year, reset in Jan 1 each year), 12 paid federal holidays and 2 floating holidays. You are also entitled to 10 sick days per year. Additional vacation days accrue according to years worked in the organization.
Our benefits for full time employees currently include the following:
· Health Insurance covered at 100% (Oxford Liberty Network) or 90% (Oxford Freedom Network) employer paid…
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please include “Philanthropy Associate” – [YOUR NAME]” as your subject line. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Brooklyn Bridge Park Conservancy provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Committed to an inclusive and equitable work environment, BIPOC candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.
Disclaimer: The information in this job description indicates the general nature and level of work expected of employees in this classification. It is not designed to contain, nor be interpreted as, a comprehensive inventory of duties, responsibilities, qualifications, and objectives required of employees assigned to this job.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as a single PDF file to email@example.com. Please include “Philanthropy Associate” – [YOUR NAME]” as your subject line. Only…