Director, Northern New Jersey
For 117 years, Jewish National Fund USA has been on the ground in Israel improving the lives of its residents and developing the land for the next generations. No other organization makes a bigger difference for the land and people of Israel.
JNF has launched the $1 Billion Roadmap for the Next Decade (http://www.jnf.org/assets/pdf/thebilliondollarroadmap_digital_v-1.pdf), a ground-breaking and unprecedented plan for Israel's future that focuses on connecting the next generation to Israel, building communities in Israel's Negev and Galilee, and developing infrastructure for ecology, working with people with special needs, heritage preservation, and Aliyah from North America.
JNF seeks to recruit an experienced Director of Fundraising and Development to be responsible for Northern NJ and Rockland County. This position may be home or office based.
The purpose of the Director is to develop relationships with prospective and current donors to raise money for Jewish National Fund’s National Campaign to support projects and programs for Israel.
Job Responsibilities will include:
• Face-to-face meetings for solicitation, cultivation and recognition of donors, both new and prospective
• Developing and identifying major gift prospects
• Board and/or Committee development, cultivation and membership
• Providing professional leadership and management for Boards and/or Committees
• Mission to Israel recruitment
• Event Fundraising
•A passion for Israel.
•3-5+years fundraising experience (or similar sales experience)
•Knowledge of and familiarity with the Jewish Communities in northern NJ and Rockland County
•Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
•Creative self-starter with the ability to work both independently and as a team player
•Superior problem solving and multi-tasking ability
•Travel to Israel
•Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Office Suite, Salesforce)
•Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
Extra Credit Experience:
• Salesforce data management.
To apply for this position please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com
• Opportunity to Travel to Israel
• Top-notch Healthcare
• Dental & Vision
• Flexible Spending Account
• Employer-paid Life Insurance
• Employer-paid Short and Long-term Disability
• 403(b) and Employer Match
Minimum Education Required