Details: Commensurate with experience and qualifications
1122 W. Washington Blvd., 3rd. Floor
NALEO Educational Fund, a national nonprofit organization serving the Latino community, seeks an enthusiastic Program Coordinator for its Constituency Services Department to help advance the mission of the organization. The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative, program and logistical support as needed for the Department’s programs, including: regional and national Policy Institutes, the NALEO Annual Conference, and the biennial NALEO National Institute for Newly Elected Officials. This position reports to the Deputy Director of Constituency Services. It is a full-time, non-exempt position, salary commensurate with experience and qualifications.
- Compose and edit letters and memos; review correspondence for accuracy and completeness;
- Process incoming/outgoing correspondence, memoranda, and other forms of written communication;
- Perform office automation duties using Microsoft software applications such as Word, Outlook, Excel, Power Point, Salesforce as well as other applications for desk-top publishing, spreadsheets, and databases;
- Maintain and organize electronic file systems;
- Make travel arrangements and scheduling;
- Conduct outreach to Latino policymakers;
- Obtain and monitor the use of services, supplies, and/or equipment for the department;
- Travel to various cities across the country to support programs as requested;
- Adhere to the organization’s attendance and punctuality standards;
QUALIFICATIONS - KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
- Outstanding organizational and administrative skills, project management, attention to detail, and effective multi-tasking.
- Strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills. Professional demeanor required with ability to interact with staff, media, elected and appointed officials, corporate/business representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to accurately type at least 45 wpm and be highly computer and technology literate, experience using MSWord, Excel, and other office software programs required.
- Proven ability to thrive in a high energy, structured, and fast-paced team environment.
- Self-motivated, with ability to work effectively in both independent and collaborative work situations, and trouble-shoot.
- Must be a high school graduate with 3-5 years of administrative experience; college graduate a plus.
- If a driver, must have a valid driver’s license with proof of automobile insurance coverage.
- Ability to work respectfully with people of all cultural and socioeconomic backgrounds.
- Supportive of the mission and philosophy of NALEO Educational Fund.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL ASPECTS OF THE POSITION
Certain physical and mental aspects of performing the essential functions of the position include the following:
- Ability to detect, discern, recognize, and perceive auditory and visual information within normal ranges;
- Dexterity to read, write, type, operate office equipment such as a computer, printer, telephone, calculator, copier, fax machine, pencils, pens, and stapler;
- Ability to remain in a stationary position 50% of the time;
- Ability to lift and carry up to 25 pounds
Once hired, employees requiring reasonable accommodations to perform the essential functions of the position should contact Human Resources to engage in the interactive process to determine reasonable accommodations, if any.
Nothing in this job description restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
Fax/email cover letter and resume to Angela Weimer, National Director of Human Resources and Administration, NALEO Educational Fund (213) 747-7664/ email@example.com. EOE
Competitive benefits package that includes generous vacation, sick leave, medical, dental, vision, life insurance and retirement coverage
Minimum Education Required