America On Track, an award-winning nonprofit organization, was founded in 1995 and currently serves more than 44,000 Orange County children and families each year. America On Track’s mission is to inspire brighter futures by building youth leaders, supporting families, and strengthening communities through life-transforming programs. Check out our website: www.AmericaOnTrack.org for more information.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will report directly to the Executive Director (ED) and provide personalized administrative support in a well-organized and timely manner. The Executive Administrative Assistant will work on a one-on-one basis on a variety of interesting and exciting tasks and multiple projects related to ED’s working life and communication. She/he will serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external constituencies on all matters pertaining to the ED; organize and coordinate executive outreach and external relations efforts; and oversee special projects.
The Executive Administrative Assistant will be a key asset to the ED by anticipating needs at a high level and allowing the ED to have greater focus on the development of vision and strategy for the organization.
- The Executive Administrative Assistant enhances the ED’s effectiveness by providing information management support and representing the Executive Director to others.
- Prepare general correspondence, memos, charts, tables, graphs, summary documents, etc.
- Communicate directly, and on behalf of the ED and President, with donors, foundation staff, and others, and support the cultivation of ongoing relationships.
- Arrange/coordinate meetings and tours for engaging potential major donors, foundations and potential Board members as requested.
- Generate and respond to emails and calendar activities using Outlook, in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintain records and protect operations by keeping information confidential.
- Produce reports, presentations and briefs by collecting and analyzing information.
- Help organize meetings, including ordering meals, copying of meeting materials and other needs as requested.
- Create original social media copy and postings including design of artistic content.
- Successfully complete critical aspects of deliverables with a hands-on approach and other tasks that facilitate the ED's ability to effectively lead the company.
- Proofread materials for spelling, grammar and layout, making appropriate changes with accuracy and clarity.
- Prioritize conflicting needs; handle matters expeditiously, proactively, and follow-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
- Support fundraising and community partnership events (including annual golf tournament) using event software, phone calls, emails, social media and other planning aspects.
- Assist with bookkeeping, including managing petty cash and assisting with other financial functions.
- Effectively promote the agency mission and vision, internally, as well as with the broader community.
- Perform other position-related tasks as assigned.
The Executive Administrative Assistant must have good judgment, be detail oriented and highly organized. The Executive Administrative Assistant must possess a minimum of an Associate’s degree and have a strong work tenure of 10 years of experience supporting high level executives. Study in business administration or office management is preferred.
Advanced knowledge of Apple computers and strong experience with Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel, and Power Point), Adobe Acrobat, and Social Media web platforms is a necessity.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum of 10+ years of experience as an Executive Assistant reporting directly to senior management.
- High energy and a passion for AOT’s mission and diverse programs.
- Demonstrated knowledge of AOT programs and services and ability to clearly communicate to interested stakeholders.
- Strong organizational skills that reflect ability to perform and prioritize multiple tasks seamlessly with excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to self-manage tasks to completion.
- ·Excellent writing and editing skills, including the ability to prepare and proofread clear, concise and grammatically correct business correspondence, performing accurate and efficient typing and data entry.
- Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build relationships with stakeholders.
- Professional image and commitment to high professional ethical standards in a diverse workplace.
- Emotional intelligence.
- Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion, be adaptable to various competing demands, and demonstrate the highest level of customer/client service and response.
- Enthusiasm & ability to interact with people of diverse backgrounds, especially at-risk families and children of prisoners.
- Some knowledge of Photoshop, Canva, and graphic design.
- Some experience in events and communication/marketing.
- Reliable transportation and a valid California driver’s license, with minimum required collision and personal injury insurance is required.
America On Track is an Equal Opportunity Employer