If interested, please apply via our website at https://collegetrack.csod.com/ats/careersite/JobDetails.aspx?site=1&id=252.
About College Track
College Track is a comprehensive college completion program that empowers students from underserved communities to graduate from college. From ninth grade through college graduation, our 10-year program removes the academic, financial, and social emotional barriers that prevent low-income and first-generation students from earning a college degree. In 1997, we started with 25 students in East Palo Alto, and today, we have nine centers located in underserved communities across California, Colorado, and Louisiana, with more than 3,000 students on the path to upward social mobility.
College Track students graduate from college at a rate that is more than double the national average for low-income and first-generation students. Five years out of college, our graduates are employed full-time, and over 85 percent report earnings greater than their parents. By helping our students maximize the value of their four-year college degree--minimize student loan debt, secure internships, and limit the need to work while in college--we prepare them to succeed in the 21st century economy.
We get up every morning dedicated to creating a more just and equitable world, where a college degree is the expectation and not the exception for all students. Our alumni are tomorrow’s leaders, mentors, and innovators, who return to their communities as role models and reaffirm that the American Dream is possible.
At College Track, our values drive the way we do our work, and we look for individuals who share our passion. We blend an entrepreneurial spirit with our nonprofit roots, cultivating a dynamic culture where everyone's contributions are valued and encouraged.
- COMMITMENT: We have an unwavering belief in our students.
- PASSION: We are dedicated to changing our nation’s college completion story.
- JOY: We create environments rich with smiles and laughter.
- AUTHENTICITY: We believe relationships matter.
- EXCELLENCE: Our students deserve nothing but the best.
In close partnership with the Vice President of Development & MarCom, the Senior Director of Marketing & Communications will develop a multi-year, organization-wide marketing and communications strategy promoting College Track to internal and external audiences, including donors, students, school partners, community groups, media outlets, and other target audiences. Specifically, this role will be responsible building and leading the MarCom department and developing and implementing a comprehensive—national and regional—marketing and communications strategy.
College Track seeks candidates who are both creative and analytical, and possess extensive knowledge across an array of disciplines and platforms necessary to engage and expand the donor pool, improve student recruitment, and increase brand awareness within existing and new markets.
Primary Responsibilities Include:
Marketing & Communications Strategic Planning
- Develop and lead a branding and messaging strategy that advances College Track’s mission to empower students from low-income communities to go to and through college.
- Develop a strategic communications plan, informed by the social justice and equity issues that inspire our current and potential donors, partners and stakeholders, that tells the story of College Track’s students and alumni who are changing the trajectory of their lives, their families, and their communities.
- Oversee the development of College Track’s external communications including, but not limited to: marketing collateral, website content, social media, newsletters, media outreach, and email campaigns.
- Collaborate with the development team to ensure the marketing and communications aspects of donor/grant proposals are aligned with the fundraising goals and consistent with our branding and messaging strategy.
- Support the development and execution of regionalized marketing and communications plans that are consistent with our national branding and messaging strategy.
- Oversee the production and execution of College Track events, including national and regional fundraising events, Launch To College ceremonies, opening of new centers, etc.
- Inspire and motivate a growing marketing and communications team by providing appropriate recognition and coaching.
- Define key performance indicators, and measure, track and report success of marketing and communications tactics, working in tandem with Organizational Performance Department
- Lead the MarCom department’s strategic planning process, including annual budgeting, in conjunction with the org-wide annual planning process,
- Approve and manage contracts with vendors, including consultants, graphic designers, photographers, and content specialists.
- Proactively establish and maintain effective working relationships with all departments across the organization and external partners.
Skills & Experience Required
- Deep understanding of our students’ stories and their dreams to become the first in their families to graduate from college.
- Belief in the ability of all students to earn a college degree and to reach their full potential.
- 10+ years of marketing strategy, branding, and communications experience, preferably in education or social justice.
- Strong eye for design; experience in art-directing and conveying messaging goals to graphic designers; thorough working knowledge of print production; ability to shepherd print publications from concept to delivery.
- Superior and distinctive writing skills demonstrated through 8+ years of persuasive writing and strategic messaging, preferably in a fundraising setting.
- Passion for word play, editing, and fastidious attention to detail.
- Skilled in the areas of advertising, copywriting, and editing.
- Expertise in digital marketing and social media campaigns.
- Experience managing a team of at least three team members, and developing and retaining top talent over time.
- Skilled at giving and receiving constructive feedback from direct reports and peers.
- Strong decision-making capabilities, able to make complex decisions, and manage through ambiguity.
- Positive, solutions-oriented disposition with exceptional ability to collaborate with all levels of staff and across all departments of the organization.
- Superior project management skills, including proactive and independent development of work plans, timelines, and budgets.
- A metrics-driven, entrepreneurial, growth mindset that informs strategy and tactical work.
- Bachelor’s degree required, graduate degree in business, marketing, communications or related fields preferred.
Compensation & Benefits
College Track offers a competitive salary based on the organization’s compensation philosophy, which is grounded in market data. We also offer comprehensive health & welfare benefits and top of the market paid time off.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please upload a resume and cover letter with your application. We will only contact candidates chosen for further consideration. No phone inquiries please.
College Track is an equal opportunity employer fully committed to achieving a diverse workforce. College Track does not discriminate on the basis of race, age, color, religion, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, disability, veteran status, genetic information, sexual orientation, or gender identity or expression.