633 3rd Avenue
Who we are:
Smile Train is an international children's charity with a sustainable approach to a single, solvable problem: cleft lip and palate. The Programs team oversees programmatic development and implementation of Smile Train’s comprehensive cleft lip and palate treatment programs around the world. The team provides technical support, guidance and oversight to ensure safe, high-quality, sustainable cleft surgery and comprehensive cleft care programs are available to patients in need.
Who you are:
You are thorough, organized, patient and proactive. You have a keen eye for detail and enjoy managing processes. You are a skilled communicator and a team player.
- Supporting the functionality of Smile Train Express (STX), the organization’s proprietary electronic medical records database; including facilitating review of records by Smile Train’s expert Medical Advisory Board, assisting international staff and partners in their use of the database, overseeing anti-fraud systems, managing data oversight and analysis, and general troubleshooting.
- Aiding in data normalization projects, administering annual data collection projects, and reviewing and aggregating data to inform program planning
- Responding to requests for programmatic information and data from internal and external stakeholders
- Developing and managing Programs team resources including training materials for STX and other Smile Train informational systems, and onboarding materials for new hires
- Assisting with coordination of and preparation of data and materials for bi-annual Medical Advisory Board Meetings
- Overseeing Smile Train’s Cleft Lip and Palate Research Library, the world’s largest online medical cleft library
- Bachelor’s degree with proven record of success
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite, particularly Excel
- Strong project management skills and the ability to work autonomously
- Strong communications skills
- Experience with data mining and analysis
- Experience with basic coding is a plus
- Graduate degree in public health or nonprofit administration is a plus
- Demonstrated interest in global affairs/public health or related discipline is a plus
Minimum Education Required