For over 27 years, the Victory Fund and Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ people across the country, and they have transformed our nation’s policies and shifted our political landscape towards equality, one election at a time. Today, some 600 LGBTQ Americans are serving in elected office due to the work of Victory, including eight Members of Congress, two U.S. Senator, and two Governors.
Victory Fund is seeking an Events Manager. Reporting to the Vice President of Development, the Events Manager is responsible for spearheading the planning and execution of fundraising and other special events across the country. This position works collaboratively with our Development team and organization staff, as well as a national network of volunteer leaders and an events consultant to successfully carryout meticulously run events.
The ideal candidate will be dedicated and driven; have experience and confidence in the fast pace of working in a busy office where juggling competing demands and remaining poised in difficult situations is instinctive; and exemplify the utmost discretion and professionalism.
- In coordination with team members, plan and execute all aspects of Victory Fund & Institute events including, but not limited to, site selection and contract negotiation, catering, A/V, volunteers, and participant experience.
- Act as primary planner for more than 12 annual fundraising events that range from large scale (800 person) Champagne Brunches to smaller receptions (75 person).
- Support the planning of the annual International LGBTQ Leaders Conference that includes three days of programming; primary planner for 4 networking receptions and two board meetings.
- Support all planning and logistical needs for 6 local host committees across the country to execute fundraising events.
- Develop and deliver timelines for all events including marketing copy for promotional materials, invitation processes for participants, speakers, and special guests, the drafting and approval of all event emails, internal vetting for speakers, acknowledgement deadlines, and all related marketing needs.
- Manage budgets for events and keep projections up to date.
- Develop staffing plans for all events and recruit local volunteers as needed.
- Effectively manage volunteers/interns and provide direction to staff supporting events.
- Prepare all materials for events including name tags, printed materials, and run of show.
- Track event RSVPs and outreach lists, and manage registration for all events.
- Respond to all donor inquiries related to events.
- Provide event wrap ups highlighting key learnings, budget management, profit and loss information.
- Travel to events and act as onsite point of contact for staff, committee members, and vendors.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
• Bachelor’s Degree or Equivalent; plus at least three years of experience managing and executing large scale events.
• Experience in volunteer management for fundraising and training events.
• Impeccable follow up and follow through.
• Detail oriented with strong organization and critical thinking skills.
• Strong ability to prioritize requests and delegate.
• Dexterity to work in a fast-paced, campaign-oriented environment.
• Willingness to work beyond traditional business hours, includes working evenings and on weekends.
• Excellent time and project management skills; able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
• NGP Van + EveryAction and event registration software experience preferred.
• Strong computer skills including MS Office Suite.
• Commitment to the organization’s mission and goals.
For over 27 years, the Victory Fund and Institute have helped to train, place, and elect thousands of openly LGBTQ public officials at every level of government. Our leaders have been catalysts for expanding legal rights for LGBTQ…
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law. Please send a resume and cover letter, along with salary requirements and how you learned about this opportunity to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Victory is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin…