The NoMa Business Improvement District (NoMa BID) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization whose mission is to create a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for residents, workers, and visitors and to promote the ongoing growth and development of NoMa. The NoMa Parks Foundation, a 501(c)(3) organization, is an affiliate of the NoMa BID with the mission to establish welcoming, sustainable, beautiful spaces where people can play, refresh, and connect in NoMa. The NoMa BID provides staffing and administrative resources to the Parks Foundation.
The NoMa BID encompasses 35 blocks just north of Union Station in Washington, DC. Once an industrial area, NoMa is among the fastest-growing neighborhoods in the District and comprises more than 18 million square feet of new development. In addition, as of 2019, more than 4,500 new residential units have been built, with another 1,900 under construction. In total, over 37 million square feet of mixed-use development are planned within the NoMa BID. Significantly, there are also more than 49,000 residents in established communities in and around NoMa — including 12,000-plus within the BID’s boundaries — who use the services and amenities in the commercial core of NoMa. The neighborhood is supported by unparalleled public transportation access, with two Red Line Metro stations plus VRE, MARC, and Amtrak connections at Union Station, and is a globally recognized example of successful transit-oriented development. The neighborhood Walkscore is 95, and NoMa is served by the Metropolitan Branch Trail and 10 Capital Bikeshare stations. More information is available on the NoMa BID website at nomabid.org, and the Parks Foundation website at nomaparks.org.
The Senior Manager plans, coordinates, executes, and evaluates all BID-sponsored public and internal events to ensure success and deliverable results. He/She/They reports to the Director of Marketing & Events. With the appropriate oversight and support, the Senior Manager of Events is responsible for delivering an annual events program which helps to build community, reinforce the NoMa brand, promote the neighborhood and neighborhood businesses, advances the strategic mission of the organization, and contributes to a vibrant quality of life for NoMa residents, workers, and visitors.
• Plan, develop, organize, and manage an annual events calendar and budget, with guidance and appropriate oversight from the Director of Marketing & Events.
• Organize & establish events that promote NoMa and celebrate significant initiatives and accomplishments in the neighborhood.
• Lead the design of new event concepts and the enhancement of existing event programs, including scope, target audience, logistics, and budget; identify and develop relevant partnerships with community organizations and sponsors.
• Lead the planning and logistics for the NoMa BID Annual Meeting each spring. Develop program, speaker and panelist suggestions, and overall run-of-show; create timelines; identify and manage contractors, including catering; manage invitation list and RSVPs; and coordinate with internal staff to setup voting system.
• Create and manage individual event budgets within the total NoMa BID events budget.
• Manage all logistical aspects of events, including coordination with other NoMa BID staff, establishing event run-of-show and staffing plan, managing setup and breakdown, volunteer coordination, and contracting vendors and labor.
• Attract large, unique events to the neighborhood that are organized by others.
• Secure permits, insurance, security, sponsors, and coordinate other event logistics.
• Assist with digital marketing campaigns to promote BID events, including managing dedicated event websites, and developing event-specific social media content and graphics.
• Track key event metrics and conduct post-event feedback surveys; prepare post-event reports for sponsors; coordinate internal post-event debriefing sessions to evaluate ROI and continually improve performance and execution.
• Help develop event-specific promotional plans.
• Assist in the conceptualizing of the design & branding for all events, and manage the production of promotional and advertising campaign materials (event graphics, flyers, posters, signage and banners, ads, etc.) to ensure consistent brand identity and brand messaging in digital and physical assets.
• Assist in managing and maintaining the BID’s email database of members, consumers, partners, and others.
• Create and keep updated all event-related web content and digital event sites.
• Maintain key relationships with BID members, BID businesses, vendors, and community partners.
• Assist the Director of Marketing & Events in building an event sponsorship plan by identifying key partners whose participation and affiliation with events will add value, extend event outreach, and provide revenue for the BID.
Experience & Qualifications
• Bachelor’s degree or equivalent and minimum 5 years' work experience demonstrating progressive responsibility in events planning and management
• Excellent project management skills, including project design, implementation, and evaluation
• Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment with minimal supervision and a creative and proactive approach to problem-solving
• Experience managing project and program budgets
• Experience creating and delivering creative events for the public, activating city spaces, and engaging communities at the neighborhood level
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to represent the BID in a positive light to members, residents, and external stakeholders
• Strong desire to be a part of a dynamic and growing events and marketing team
• Proficiency with MailChimp (or similar email marketing platform) and Eventbrite required
• Proficiency with WordPress required
• Proficiency with social media platforms (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.) required
• Proficiency with Adobe InDesign preferred
• Knowledge of Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel) and CRM platforms preferred
The NoMa Business Improvement District (NoMa BID) is a 501(c)(6) nonprofit organization whose mission is to create a clean, safe, and welcoming environment for residents, workers, and visitors and to promote the ongoing growth and development of…
This position is full-time with a salary commensurate with experience. The generous benefits package includes health insurance (with dental & vision coverage optional), life insurance, AD&D insurance, disability insurance, 401(k) plan with employer match, 12 paid holidays per year, paid vacation, sick leave, and more.
This position is full-time with a salary commensurate with experience. The generous benefits package includes health insurance (with dental & vision coverage optional…