58 East 68th St
The Council is seeking a highly motivated, dynamic Special Events Assistant to support the Events Director and sales team, through marketing and administrative support for the Special Events Department of the grand Park Avenue Harold Pratt mansion and adjoining Peterson Conference Center. This position is an excellent opportunity to begin or advance a career in event and meeting planning.
The major responsibilities of this position will include (but are not limited to):
- Special Events Representative - requiring daily client, vendor, and internal communication around all aspects of the Events Department.
- Providing logistical support to the sales and marketing efforts - assisting with sales, overseeing event scheduling, tracking sales for our ad/marketing placement, coordinating the design, production, and placement of ads and marketing materials and monitoring/editing the dedicated website.
- Office Support - organizing logistical documents for each event, maintaining central database of contracts, preparing contract agreements and follow up.
- Providing direct support to the Director of Special Events - schedule management, assisting with event organizational details, liaising with other departments, and completing other tasks.
- Liaison with some of NYC’s top Vendors - communicating the Council’s requirements, coordinating schedules, reviewing logistical event information, and gathering required vendor documents.
- Event Support - supporting weekday and weekend events when needed, executing and managing all logistical on-site event details.
- Budget and Finance - maintaining the overall budget, tracking income and expenses, meeting budget deadlines, utilizing Council Resource Management system.
- Project Coordination - interfacing on design and reconstruction projects as well as assisting with maintaining the overall standards of the venue.
- Availability to work a flexible schedule to include weeknights and weekends
- Bachelor Degree in a related field with proven interest in the hospitality industry
- Interest in pursuing a career in special events
- Related customer service/sales and administrative experience
- Extremely polished and professional demeanor
- Outstanding organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Microsoft Word, Excel, and Apple devices
- Knowledge of Creative Suite, InDesign, Illustrator or Photoshop
- Ideal candidate must be proactive and results-oriented
The Council on Foreign Relations offers a benefits package that is among the best offered by nonprofit institutions today, including an award-winning health and wellness program, an on-site fitness center, and generous leave policies and health insurance programs.
Minimum Education Required