Start Date: August 2018
Reporting to the Senior Director of Public Partnerships, the Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs will lead support for aspiring educators in one of the country’s largest teacher residency programs. The Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs will be responsible for guiding AmeriCorps Residency participants through the full service term, from the initial application through the final exit process. The Director will lead all aspects of the program, including identifying, communicating with, enrolling, orienting, and engaging members and their Resident Advisors. This individual will work closely with Directors of Operations across multiple campuses not only to ensure the uniform implementation of Relay's AmeriCorps grants across the country, but also to create a meaningful service experience for Relay AmeriCorps Residents.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Set and execute on a vision for Relay’s AmeriCorps Residency programs.
- Work closely with Directors of Operations throughout the country to engage residents and ensure compliance with Relay’s AmeriCorps program.
- Manage two Senior Coordinators of AmeriCorps Residency Programs.
- Deliver timely, error-free, clear, and helpful communication to Relay AmeriCorps Member Residents and Resident Advisors, helping residents navigate participating in a federal program and connecting them to funds they need to go to graduate school.
- Oversee AmeriCorps program reporting, data collection, and other aspects of grant administration.
- Create consistent, thoughtful, and timely materials to be disseminated to and collected from Relay AmeriCorps service members.
- Travel to each region throughout the school year to attend AmeriCorps training events and conferences as well as engage residents, check in on operations, and observe how the program is being implemented.
- Use feedback from campus leadership and AmeriCorps Residents to identify and implement process improvements to ensure all interactions and communications with service members are thorough and accurate.
- Work with marketing team to develop and execute plans to promote Relay’s AmeriCorps programs.
- Perform other duties as required and assigned.
First and foremost, the Director of AmeriCorps Residency Programs must share Relay’s sense of urgency about the need to improve student achievement through phenomenal teacher and leader training.
Additionally, candidates for the position must have the following:
- Bachelor’s degree
- Prior AmeriCorps service experience
- Strong organizational and communication skills with a service-oriented mentality
- Focus on efficiency and systems building
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work efficiently, intensely, and within an entrepreneurial environment
- A demonstrated passion for urban education and closing the opportunity gap
- Authorization to work in the United States
Relay offers a competitive salary and benefits package for full-time employees.
Relay Graduate School of Education provides equal employment opportunity for all applicants and employees.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please apply directly on our website: https://relay.edu/browse-jobs?gh_jid=1310250