District of Columbia
Reports to: Managing Director, Digital
Location: Washington, DC
Status: Full-time; Exempt
About the position:
The Associate Director, Digital Ads will manage all paid digital media efforts for the Hub Project’s various issue advocacy campaigns. They will craft, optimize, and deploy paid campaigns in-house where possible, as well as manage outside vendors for larger-scale programs, including email acquisition, social media, search, display, native, and other digital advertising tactics. This is a senior role on the digital team that will include advising campaign leads on paid budgets, developing strategy, optimizing creative, and evaluating the efficacy of our paid efforts.
We’re looking for someone who is obsessed with following the latest digital trends and tracking online campaign performance, is data-driven, and has excellent attention to detail. We’re a fast-moving place that’s always ready to jump into the next fight, so the right person for the job is not afraid of taking on new opportunities to move people to action and quickly responding to an ever-changing news cycle.
As Associate Director, Digital Ads, you’ll:
- Oversee all digital paid efforts for Hub campaigns
- Manage outside vendors where necessary; including designing and executing RFP processes, evaluating vendors’ strategies and approach, providing feedback on creative and media plans, and running meetings/calls as needed
- Work with the in-house Hub digital team to launch social paid campaigns, including collaborating with our social media experts, designers, and video team
- Collaborate with Hub staff on other teams (research, policy, communications, campaigns) to ensure digital paid programs are timely, compelling, and accurate
- Work with campaign leads to set goals and budgets for paid advertising efforts
- Develop reporting systems and use data (both from the platforms themselves and external resources like the voter file) to inform strategy, targeting, and program optimization on an ongoing basis
- Perform other duties as assigned
- You have experience managing digital paid media programs on platforms including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Google, and others
- You’re passionate about following the latest digital trends, tracking online campaign performance, and using your analytical brain to make content perform better
- You’re strategic,creative, and not afraid of trying new things to push your craft forward
- You’re flexible, highly organized, and live for the details
- You’ve got a sense of humor and are comfortable taking on evolving responsibilities
In addition, it would be a bonus if:
- You’ve managed outside vendors
- You know who the best players in the paid media space are
- You have relationships with the ads staff at Facebook, Twitter, and other platforms
- You are familiar with progressive issues, including health care and the tax fight
Launched in 2016, The Hub Project is a growing team of communicators, researchers, and organizers with experience in campaign strategy, digital, and polling and analytics. We believe in a country where everyone has the opportunity to succeed in our economy and participate in our democracy, and we make that vision a reality by partnering with advocacy groups to build creative and effective campaigns.
New Venture Fund Careers:
The Hub is a project of the New Venture Fund, a 501(c)(3) public charity that incubates new and innovative public-interest projects and grant-making programs. The New Venture Fund is committed to attracting, developing and retaining exceptional people, and to creating a work environment that is dynamic, rewarding and enables each of us to realize our potential. The New Venture Fund’s work environment is safe and open to all employees and partners, respecting the full spectrum of race, color, religious creed, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, political affiliation, ancestry, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, and all other classifications protected by law in the locality and/or state in which you are working.
Level of Language Proficiency
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
E-mail your resume and cover letter as PDF or Word attachments to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference the exact title of the job you are applying for in the subject line. This announcement will remain posted until the position is filled.
Please note that only those individuals whose qualifications match the current needs of this position will be considered applicants and will receive responses from The Hub. Thank you for your interest.