Details: Commensurate with experience
Pier 86, W 46th St & 12th Ave
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is a non-profit, educational institution featuring the legendary aircraft carrier Intrepid, the space shuttle Enterprise, the world’s fastest jets and a guided missile submarine. Opened in 1982, the Museum welcomes more than one million visitors each year. The mission of the Intrepid Museum is to promote the awareness and understanding of history, science and service through its collections, exhibitions and programming in order to honor our heroes, educate the public and inspire our youth.
We are seeking an IT Coordinator who will be responsible for controlling the flow of information in and out of the IT department. They will serve as the first contact point for the department for our internal and external customers, business partners and vendors. The IT Coordinator will be responsible for the ordering of IT supplies, facilities and resources for the department, working closely with the VP of IT and adhering to strict financial processes established by the Museum. Additionally they will manage and maintain all IT assets in compliance with our internal audit controls and grant funding policies. The IT Coordinator is also responsible for setting up inter-departmental meetings and documenting meeting minutes for dissemination to all participants.
The essential duties include but are not limited to:
· Answer phones and route calls to the appropriate IT personnel
· Order all IT hardware and software
· Create purchase orders via the NetSuite Account Package and track through the approval and payment process.
· Process all IT invoices and route approved documents to the Finance Department
· Track all IT expenses by account code for budget purposes
· Work with VP of IT to track and update IT annual budget for capital and operating expenses
· Manage the VP of IT’s daily/weekly/monthly calendar
· Schedule quarterly meetings with business units and compile task list, track results to completion
· Process expense reports for departmental lunches and meetings
· Manage an track the use of the departmental Amex Card with supporting documentation for approval
· Manage the tracking of IT assets through their lifecycle, from purchase to departmental loan and then through hazmat. (Includes working closely with Internal Audit)
· Work with IT team to verify location of IT assets throughout the Museum, using the Internal Audit Annual Report
· Process help desk tickets pertaining to password re-sets, printer repairs, toner and waste container replacements, telephone programming and replacements, and vendor notifications for service related items
· Track the use of toners and waste containers to make sure we have an ample supply onsite
· Perform monthly meter reads on all copiers and provide to vendor (Canon).
· Order IT supplies from WB Mason and track inventory
· Order iPhones and accessories and assist with syncing issues as problems arise
· Manage the IT Office to verify garbage is picked up, room is vacuumed, and water is replaced
· Assist the VP of IT on special projects to reserve facilities and equipment and to take meeting minutes for dissemination
· Screen vendor calls for department personnel and forward messages if appropriate
· Manage the hazmat process and vendors to reduce the amount of IT equipment on hand in onsite storage hold. (Grant verses purchase process using paid verses free vendors)
· Update and maintain departmental contact list and vacation schedule
Candidate must have experience utilizing Windows Office Suite products, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook etc. Ability to answer phone calls, record messages, and disseminate/route information to the appropriate IT personnel.
Ability to take meeting notes and document information to be shared out with participants in a timely manner. Ability to take instruction and direction by IT personnel to support the department’s initiatives when researching and ordering of equipment and supplies. Ability to fully utilize computer systems provided by the department to accomplish their job function.
This position has a full benefits package
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
For consideration e-mail resume with salary requirements to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Be sure to include the title of the position you are interested in and your salary requirements.
NO PHONE CALLS. Only those candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Intrepid Sea, Air & Space Museum is an equal opportunity employer.