3601 E 1ST ST
KIPP LA Public Schools is a non-profit organization that operates free, open-enrollment, college-preparatory public charter schools serving students in South, Southeast, and East Los Angeles. KIPP LA’s mission is to teach the academic skills, foster the intellectual habits, and cultivate the character traits needed for our students to thrive in school, college, and life. Through the success of our students, KIPP LA's team and family will serve as a model of excellence and collaborate with others to raise the quality of education in Los Angeles.
KIPP LA currently operates 17 schools and serves approximately 7,200 students. Our team is expanding rapidly; over the next five years, we will more than double the number of students we serve.
- The Regional Operations Manager, in collaboration with the Director of Operations, engages stakeholders throughout the organization, manages operations projects and partners on the execution of KIPP LA’s operations vision.
- The Regional Operations Manager will be responsible for managing the school nutrition program, student transportation and seasonal projects for the regional operations team. This role is also the de facto manager for KIPP LA’s online operations portal/website for all schools.
- The Regional Operations Manager will collaborate with Regional Business Operations Managers (RBOMs), School Business Operations Managers (BOMS) and other KIPP LA teams to monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of operations functions and processes.
- The Regional Operations Manager reports directly to the Director of Operations.
School Operations & Compliance
- Oversee a $4.3 million school nutrition program for KIPP LA and develop processes and procedures that result in high quality and cost effective food services
- Manage food vendor relationships and ensure compliance with local, district, state and federal laws and regulations
- Manage student transportation vendors to ensure timely, reliable and safe delivery of services
- Prepare comprehensive requests for proposals for operational goods and/or services
- Identify, codify and share best practices in school operations, including documenting standard operating procedures for schools
- Coordinate with regional and school-based team members to ensure that compliance requirements and timelines are met, including reports to Los Angeles Unified School District, Compton Unified School District, Los Angeles County Office of Education, California Department of Education, U.S. Department of Education and KIPP Foundation
Talent Management & Support
- Design and facilitate training sessions for School Business Operations Managers (BOMs)
- Manage seasonal events and initiatives for the regional operations team (e.g., BOM leadership retreat, BOM summer retreat, school operations appreciation events)
- Manage the weekly operations bulletin, KIPP LA operations’ team drive, regional operations calendar and other forms of communication
Project Management & Reporting
- Build out and annually refresh online operations portal/website to facilitate access to resources and best practice sharing for school-based operations teams
- Perform data analysis and create reports to help KIPP LA Schools make sound operational decisions to improve quality control and/or reduce costs
- Support special projects and other tasks as instructed by the Director of Operations
- Bachelor’s degree required; graduate degree preferred
- 4+ years of work experience in a fast-paced, high-capacity work environment with a strong background in analytics, project management or charter operations role
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, and demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously and adapt to changing priorities
- Effective teamwork orientation with the ability to communicate and build relationships with multiple constituencies, including KIPP LA team members and contractors/vendors
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills; experience using Excel and/or Google Sheets to analyze large amounts of data and perform quantitative analysis
- Systems thinker with an ability to develop and implement internal systems and processes to increase effectiveness
- Comfort with ambiguity and working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment
- Motivated and self-directed; demonstrated initiative, leadership, and tenacity
- A demonstrated passion for improving K-12 public education
- Valid driver’s license and dependable transportation as travel between school sites in South and East Los Angeles will be required
KIPP LA Public Schools is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation/gender identity, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
KIPP LA strives to ensure that our careers website is accessible to all, including individuals with disabilities. If you require reasonable accommodation for any part of the application or hiring process due to a disability, please contact us. You can find our contact information on our website, http://www.kippla.org/. Information will be sent to a talent acquisition representative who will provide assistance to ensure appropriate consideration in the hiring process.
- Very competitive compensation package inclusive of a generous benefits package
- 100% of healthcare premium costs covered by employer, dependents added at 50% of cost
- Employer-paid KIPP LA life insurance
- 401(k) plan with up to 6% match by KIPP LA
- Voluntary Benefits (Supplemental Life, Accident, Short Term Disability, etc.)
- Generous time off program includes 22 holidays, sick leave and vacation
- Other great benefits (Flexible spending account, EAP, tuition reimbursement, etc.)
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please use this link to apply: https://jobs.lever.co/kippla/366bbff8-93ff-4978-9b7e-37f0ef73c967?lever-origin=applied&lever-source%5B%5D=Idealist