10 Chandler Street
REPORTS TO: Animal Care and Adoption Center Manager/Animal Care and Adoption Center Assistant Manager
This position is vital to the Animal Care and Adoption Center operations because it involves every aspect of the site. A high level of professionalism and strong customer service skills are mandatory. Working in a small busy environment make strong interpersonal skills and a willingness to be a team player absolute requirements. This position has to be flexible in the duties and responsibilities to best fit the changing needs of the Animal Care and Adoption Center and the mission of the Animal Rescue League of Boston.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- *Must be able to handle a wide variety of animals effectively and in a humane manner.
- *Must maintain a good attendance record.
- *The regular work week is 40 hours, but, must be required to work a reasonable amount of overtime or when other duties require it at night, weekends, and holidays. Must be willing and able to work a weekend or a rotating or flexible schedule.
- *Inoculate, medicate, bath, groom, and exercise animals as needed or as directed by the Animal Care and Adoption Center manager or consulting veterinarian.
- *Must know or be able to learn and perform the League approved techniques for the euthanasia of animals and other duties associated with it.
- *Drive an animal ambulance collecting unwanted and stray animals, rescue animals in distress, responding to animal control complaints, and do emergency calls whenever needed. Keep the vehicle clean, well stocked and ready for use at all times. Report any accidents, vehicle damage or need for repairs to the Animal Care and Adoption Center manager immediately.
- *Must be able to work efficiently in a busy office performing multiple tasks including answering telephones, completing paper work and assisting the public.
- *Interview and assist clients surrendering and adopting pets. Provide training tips and pet care information.
- *Since most of the Animal Care and Adoption Center areas are either open to or visible by the public, a strong emphasis must be placed on site appearance. Maintain all areas in a neat, clean and organized fashion.
- Must assume responsibility for opening and closing the Animal Care and Adoption Center. This includes making sure the animals have been properly taken care of and securing the premises.
- Maintain positive community relations, perform education programs, pet therapy programs, pet shows, Animal Care and Adoption Center tours and pet information booths if required.
- May be assigned duties at the Headquarters office, or to another branch Animal Care and Adoption Center's operations if personnel requirements dictate this need.
- Must have a current and valid Massachusetts Driver's License and be insurable with the ARL Insurance policy for driving a League vehicle.
- Must have and maintain a good driving record. Should be familiar with the local community streets and areas and must be capable of reading a map.
- Must be a High School graduate or equivalent.
- Must be of good moral character and must have an even disposition and be able to deal effectively and politely with people from all types of backgrounds and experience and in all types of difficult situations. This person must have definite abilities to evaluate problems accurately and display good, sound judgment when working without supervision and under emotional stress. These are extremely important and critical qualifications
- Must be physically capable of performing all the duties of Animal Care and Adoption Center agent including moderately heavy work. Required to lift at least 50 pounds
- Prior experience with animals, preferably working in a Humane Organization or Veterinary Clinic .
- A high level of professionalism and strong interpersonal skills are required.
To see full job description, please go to: http://www.arlboston.org/animal-care-and-adoption-center-boston/
*Essential functions of the job in compliance with the ADA.
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
Please submit a letter of interest and resume to the attention of Human Resources at email@example.com (please include the job title in your email subject line).