About Our Department
City Year has an annual budget of $180 million and up to 3,000+ staff and AmeriCorps members. The organization has complex and diverse funding sources, including state, federal, corporate, and foundation funding. City Year has earned Charity Navigator’s highest rating since 2003, certifying our commitment to accountability, transparency and responsible fiscal management. Only 1% of charities have received this distinction for twelve consecutive years, placing City Year among the most trustworthy nonprofits in America.
Key Position Details
The Accounting Operations Generalist (AOG) supports the Senior Accounting Operations Director and Accounting Staff in general management of fixed financial reporting processes, as well as providing flexible support and assistance to the daily operations of Accounts Payable and Payroll. This position is divided into 2 halves. Roughly 40% of the employee’s time will be spent completing regular month-end close tasks including journal entries and reconciliations. The other 60% will be spent providing floating flexible support to AP and Payroll, including triaging staff inquiries/complaints and stepping in wherever needed to participate in core AP and Payroll processes when gaps exist. The AOG will thus be fully cross-trained in AP and Payroll processes.
Regular Month End Close and Financial Reporting – 40%
Accounts Payable Support – 50%, variable by week
Payroll Support – 10%, variable by week
Our number one priority is the health and safety of our employees and AmeriCorps members and their families; our students and school partners; and the community at large from COVID-19. Proof of COVID-19 vaccination is required for employment and service – all staff members, including remote staff, and AmeriCorps members are required to be fully vaccinated* no later than their start date. If you are unable to be vaccinated for medical reasons or sincerely-held religious beliefs, we will consider requests for reasonable accommodation consistent with our policy, and where we are able to provide such accommodations without undue hardship to the organization pursuant to applicable law. Notwithstanding any language herein, City Year will comply with any state, local, or federal orders, statutes, or regulations that may conflict with the COVID-19 vaccination policy.
*Individuals are considered fully vaccinated 14 days after receiving the second dose of a two-dose vaccine (Pfizer or Moderna) or one dose of a single-dose vaccination (Johnson & Johnson).
About Our Department
City Year has an annual budget of $180 million and up to 3,000+ staff and AmeriCorps members. The organization has complex and diverse funding sources, including state, federal, corporate, and foundation funding. City Year…
Full-time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year establishes and makes available to eligible employees, under (and subject to all provisions of) the plan documents that govern those programs. Currently, City Year offers medical, dental and vision, life, accidental death and dismemberment and disability coverage, Flexible Spending Accounts (FSA), other benefits including 401(k) plan(s) pursuant to the terms and conditions of company policy and the 401(k)-plan document.
Full-time employees will be eligible for all benefits including vacation and sick days and organization holidays. You may participate in all benefit programs that City Year…