2500 NE 54th Street
YouthCare works to end youth homelessness and to ensure that young people are valued for who they are and empowered to achieve their potential. Founded in 1974, YouthCare was one of the first shelters to serve runaway and homeless youth on the West Coast. The goal was to help young people find safety today, and build a future for tomorrow. Over four decades, we’ve defined best practices and developed programs that are a national standard for excellence. Using a youth-centered approach, we ensure that young people experiencing homelessness ages 12-24 have the hope, skills, and confidence to gain long-term stability.
YouthCare is currently seeking a Maintenance Technician for Operations: Under the supervision of the Facilities Manager, the Maintenance Technician is responsible for performing preventative, seasonal, and regular maintenance, hauling, yard work, and occasional janitorial duties for YouthCare's properties, and working within federal and local health and safety standards.
Successful candidates will have:
· Demonstrated successful experience with basic building maintenance including repairs, plumbing, and painting.
· Ability to follow basic safety precautions and use personal protective equipment, including the ability to read, understand and follow safety directions.
· Ability to serve as a professional representative of YouthCare and to interact with staff, volunteers and the public on behalf of the organization.
· A valid Washington State Driver’s license and a driving record that meets or exceeds our insurance requirements; the ability and willingness to operate a 15-passenger van.
· Ability to perform maintenance projects and tasks with minimal supervision consistent with Agency policy and direction from the Facilities Manager.
· Experience and credentials must comply with program contract requirements.
YouthCare is an equal opportunity employer. Employment decisions are based on merit and business needs, and not on race, color, citizenship status, national origin, ancestry, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, religion, creed, physical or mental disability, marital status, veteran status, political affiliation, or any other factor protected by law. People of Color and Members of the LGBTQ community are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer competitive compensation, medical, dental, vision, paid leave, and transit subsidies!
Minimum Education Required
How To Apply
To learn more and apply for this opportunity, please click here: Maintenance Technician