The Regional Director is responsible for managing the Microloan Ministry’s (MLM) operations in Haiti and the french/arabic speaking African countries where the MLM currently operates. This position would involve frequent international travel. This position would be teamed with fellow Regional Directors and the Director of the Microloan Ministry to refine, execute, and administer the program of the MLM for their region, including the spiritual development of micro-bankers and borrowers. This position would oversee the creation and development of new micro-banks, help to direct and support existing micro-banks, and actively engage within communities where we work to problem solve and innovate new growth strategies. This position also works closely with on- the-ground Agents, Coordinators, and Micro-bankers in her/his specific region.
● Overseeing all communication, finances, and management of Microloan Ministry for a specific region.
● Reviewing and maintaining micro-bank records, agreements, and documents.
● Ensuring spiritual discipleship is occurring in all relationships involved in micro-banking process.
● Support the development and assessment of small business plans to assure they are complete and generating sufficient profits for sustainability.
● Establishing and maintaining effective external and internal relationships.
● Implementing MLM program in new growth areas.
● Identifying and mentoring potential micro-banker candidates.
● Continuously improving the MLM program based on the needs, observations, and feedback from personal experiences and from partners.
● Fostering and maintaining relationships on the ground with partners.
● Cultivating organic growth driven by the needs of the micro-banker, borrowers, and their community. Step up to and manage opportunities and challenges independently to resolution.
● Conducting quarterly reviews of micro-banks. Manage portfolio of loans and capital investment to ensure sustainable results.
● Reporting to the Director of the Microloan Ministry.
● Must reside in the United States.
● Fluent in French and/or Arabic.
● Committed follower of Jesus and agreement with Heaven’s Family’s mission and statement of faith.
● 4-year Degree is preferred.
● Prior international and cross-cultural experience is preferred.
● Computer proficiency, Excel required.
● Excellent written communication skills.
● Willingness to travel internationally often.
● Nonprofit experience is highly desirable.
● Strong leadership and people skills.
● Excellent oral and written communication skills.
● Must be a self-motivated, detail oriented problem solver.
● Able to work from home.
● Able to travel to region at a minimum of twice per year.
● Experience with business and/or finance is desirable.
● Willing to make long-term commitment to ministry.
Organization: Heaven’s Family
Heaven’s Family is a multi-faceted Christian ministry that is helping to advance Jesus' kingdom around the world by strategically linking kingdom needs and opportunities to resources provided by those who love Jesus. Through the administration of 20 individual ministries, Heaven’s Family reaches out to the spiritually lost with the gospel, equips spiritual leaders with biblical training, and serves the poor and persecuted in various ways, which include disaster relief, education and skills training, orphan care, widow care, business development, micro-credit, agricultural training, Bible distribution, food relief, safe water, medical care and more.
Heaven’s Family is a 501(c)(3) corporation founded in 2003 and headquartered in Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania. Heaven’s Family has grown today to a staff of 30 people and an annual ministry budget of $3 million.
Please visit www.HeavensFamily.org to learn more.
Level of Language Proficiency
Fluent in French and/or Arabic.
Minimum Education Required